Went into Best Buy yesterday to get my wife a Xmas present and while I was waiting for a salesman I was playing with the 4s they had on display. It was really different than my 4s in that the home screen and icons were different. The icons had a glow effect and looked like a photo negative. I then started to dig around and noticed Cydia was installed on the phone. Jailbroken right from Best Buy? Wouldn't that be frowned upon from Apple? If any of you are from south jersey it was the best buy on Rt 70 in Lakewood.
    12-23-2011 07:17 AM
    Yea! That's pretty odd! I think.....
    12-23-2011 07:24 AM
    That's weird, because there is no jailbreak out right now for the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 07:49 AM
    That's weird, because there is no jailbreak out right now for the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I thought it was weird. I have to stop back there today I'll see if I can get a picture of the home screens. It's advertised as a 4s but I didn't check to see if it was actually a 4s or a 4. Regardless, wouldn't think they would or should be pushing Jailbroken phones
    12-23-2011 08:27 AM
    I thought it was weird. I have to stop back there today I'll see if I can get a picture of the home screens. It's advertised as a 4s but I didn't check to see if it was actually a 4s or a 4. Regardless, wouldn't think they would or should be pushing Jailbroken phones
    if its the 4S it could have been a setting in the menu. check settings/general/accesibility. scroll down to "white on black" if thats turned ON that may be the culprit
    jrephoto_op likes this.
    12-23-2011 08:51 AM
    That's like when the Verizon guys were pushing people to root there android phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 09:36 AM
    I was at a best buy in Chicago and they had cydia on there's as well...I know the negative affect comes from a setting in the phone.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 09:55 AM
    The negative affect that is in the settings is defiantly the look that phone had. But what's with the Cydia? So you have to be Jailbroken to have that app on your phone? I've never had a phone Jailbroken so excuse me if I sound like an *****
    12-23-2011 10:16 AM
    The negative affect isn't for jail broken phones you can do it right from you menu under settings general then accessibility and turn on white on black.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 10:19 AM
    That's like when the Verizon guys were pushing people to root there android phones.

I think Google is a little more flexible with there software that way. I was under the impression that Apple does not want you to mess with their stuff. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it cause it doesn't really matter to me one way or another what they sell in Best Buy but for a customer that doesn't know any better that has never had an iPhone and sees this and assumes that's what they are buying it could be a problem.
    12-23-2011 10:20 AM
    I think Google is a little more flexible with there software that way. I was under the impression that Apple does not want you to mess with their stuff. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it cause it doesn't really matter to me one way or another what they sell in Best Buy but for a customer that doesn't know any better that has never had an iPhone and sees this and assumes that's what they are buying it could be a problem.
    apple doesnt want it it actually voids the apple warranty to jailbreak... however it couldnt have been a 4s as there is no jailbreak for the 4s yet...
    12-23-2011 11:15 AM
    The Best Buys in the NOLA area all have the 4S stuff up but the phones on display are the iPhone 4(s). I was told that since they look just alike that they weren't going to change the display models. That kind of sucks for ppl looking to mess with a 4S and are really playing with a regular 4.
    12-23-2011 01:44 PM
    Google was ok with people rooting there phone but the carrier wet the ones with the problem.

12-23-2011 08:33 PM
    I went to my local Best Buy retailer yesterday, the signs states that the display models are 4S' but they are not. I tried to access Siri, and it showed 'Voice Control' and iOS 4.0 was installed.
    12-24-2011 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD