I have an iphone 4S, when I go to enter a new email, there is an address that comes up that I
    would like to delete. I cant seem to find it anywhere in my email accounts....but its still there.
    Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks
    12-22-2011 12:07 PM
    As far as I know, it's not an option to delete it at this time.
    12-22-2011 12:16 PM
    It's only possible if you have a jailbroken iphone, then you can SSH into it to delete the record in the sqlitedb that is your addressbook. I have done it a few times when I had a jailbroken iphone. Currently, I have an iphone 4S and there is no jailbreak yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 12:22 PM
    There's a pretty complicated non-jail broken process that involves backing up the phone with iTunes, using a backup extractor, deleting them from there, then restoring, but that seems like way more trouble than it's worth, IMO.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    12-22-2011 12:33 PM
    There's a pretty complicated non-jail broken process that involves backing up the phone with iTunes, using a backup extractor, deleting them from there, then restoring, but that seems like way more trouble than it's worth, IMO.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Ok, that actually sounds more simple than the jailbreak way because if you mess up the sqlitedb(forget to change back permissions) in your iphone via SSH, your addressbook will do weird things.

12-22-2011 12:37 PM
    Out of curiosity - could someone explain how you have an email address on your phone that you cannot delete? Is it an old contact and it "cached" the email address? I'm not familiar with this scenario and I'm just seeking to learn. Thanks.
    12-22-2011 06:07 PM
    Out of curiosity - could someone explain how you have an email address on your phone that you cannot delete? Is it an old contact and it "cached" the email address? I'm not familiar with this scenario and I'm just seeking to learn. Thanks.
    like if you previously emailed and address or the address emailed you sometimes it can be cached and come up as a auto fill when typing in..
    12-22-2011 07:15 PM
    This is one thing that really bugs me and i don't understand why there isn't a way to delete them easily yet.
    12-22-2011 08:10 PM
    Look at it from the flip side ... "what was that email !?!?" and with it being cached I don't have any issues like that, unless it was a stupid mistype coming up, over time I believe it will eventually disappear but not 100% sure on that
    12-22-2011 10:10 PM
    Look at it from the flip side ... "what was that email !?!?" and with it being cached I don't have any issues like that, unless it was a stupid mistype coming up, over time I believe it will eventually disappear but not 100% sure on that
    Good point about the cached emails you actually want. However, I am still waiting for my mistyped emails to disappear over time.

Cleveland likes this.
    12-30-2011 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD