Couple reasons why I'm asking...

1. My itunes is swearing up and down it cannot synch some of my music.
    2. Will I still be able to jailbreak if I update, or I have a better chance just staying on 5.0?
    3. Is it hit or miss with the help of battery life on 5.0.1?

I've searched the threads but could not find any specific answers to any of these. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks
    12-22-2011 09:52 AM
    I think the battery life is hit or miss and it all depends on how you use your phone. My husband's iPhone can last him easily 2 days because he really only uses it for texts, phone calls, and music. I use mine for pretty much everything and have to charge it once a day.
    12-22-2011 10:31 AM
    I agree, if you are happy with the way iOS v5.0 behaves for you and are also happy with it's battery life then stay clear of v5.0.1

There have been reported cases of battery life being poorer after 'updating'.

It won't be too long before v5.1 is released anyway.
    12-22-2011 11:03 AM
    If it were me - Yes, absolutely, without question. However, I don't jailbreak so I can't speak to that.
    12-22-2011 11:05 AM
    The new A06 update is pretty good, it seems as though it doesn't kill the battery as quickly as the A05 update. I was quite surprised, because I was hardly touching my phone and it would drain quickly. This update came out last week, I believe Wednesday or Thursday? Apparently, you are supposed to Restore your phone and it will pop saying Download this update. You can restore from back up, so you aren't going to lose your stuff. It is your choice, on what you want to do.
    12-22-2011 12:24 PM
    The new A06 update is pretty good, it seems as though it doesn't kill the battery as quickly as the A05 update. I was quite surprised, because I was hardly touching my phone and it would drain quickly. This update came out last week, I believe Wednesday or Thursday? Apparently, you are supposed to Restore your phone and it will pop saying Download this update. You can restore from back up, so you aren't going to lose your stuff. It is your choice, on what you want to do.
    Really? My phone says its update to date from the original 5.0.1 update. I didn't know there was another version out. How do I see if I'm on A05 or A06?
    12-22-2011 01:02 PM
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm on the A406. I don't really notice a significant change yet, however.
    12-22-2011 01:06 PM
    A06 is which update if I can ask? Im sorry, I'm slow. My brain is just warped after all of this christmas shopping crap smh.
    12-22-2011 04:44 PM
    A06 is which update if I can ask? Im sorry, I'm slow. My brain is just warped after all of this christmas shopping crap smh.
    it's the second version of 5.0.1 specifically for the iPhone 4S
    12-22-2011 05:23 PM
    it's the second version of 5.0.1 specifically for the iPhone 4S
    ah... well I'll just hold off until this whole 5.1 thing the person above was speaking of
    12-22-2011 06:32 PM
    I decide to upgrade to 5.0.1 with the 9A406 build. I didn't restore as new phone, did you? I am curious to see what my battery life is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 09:41 AM
    I decide to upgrade to 5.0.1 with the 9A406 build. I didn't restore as new phone, did you? I am curious to see what my battery life is.

I restored my phone as new and then went in and used my most recent iTunes back-up. I don't notice a change and I really don't want to restore as new without using a back-up. So I took my Battery Percentage off and am just going to charge it whenever I feel it's low enough. I hate worrying about the battery.
    12-23-2011 10:41 AM
    I restored my phone as new and then went in and used my most recent iTunes back-up. I don't notice a change and I really don't want to restore as new without using a back-up. So I took my Battery Percentage off and am just going to charge it whenever I feel it's low enough. I hate worrying about the battery.
    Thanks for your feedback. That's a good idea to turn off the battery percentage (out of sight, out of mind).

12-23-2011 11:02 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. That's a good idea to turn off the battery percentage (out of sight, out of mind).

Exactly. I know a lot of people don't like doing that, but for me, it's the best thing I can do to keep myself from worrying about battery life. I have a charger at home, at work, and in my car. I shouldn't be obsessed with battery life. I love the iPhone regardless.
    12-23-2011 01:50 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.1 build 9A406 on Dec 23. I didn't restore as new phone. I am getting great battery life.

12-25-2011 03:21 PM
    what is the difference between 4s and 5?
    The 4s is awesome, the 5....doesn't exist.

Man. It took everything I have to not jump all over this brilliant question with sarcasm. Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    12-27-2011 09:04 AM
    I have 5.0.1 and I haven't had any issues. A couple instances of quick drain for the battery but on a daily basis it's great.
    12-27-2011 09:24 AM
    Prefer the latest update.
    12-27-2011 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD