My Replacement Iphone4s is 5.0.. Should I upgrade to 5.0.1?

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Couple reasons why I'm asking...

1. My itunes is swearing up and down it cannot synch some of my music.
2. Will I still be able to jailbreak if I update, or I have a better chance just staying on 5.0?
3. Is it hit or miss with the help of battery life on 5.0.1?

I've searched the threads but could not find any specific answers to any of these. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery life is hit or miss and it all depends on how you use your phone. My husband's iPhone can last him easily 2 days because he really only uses it for texts, phone calls, and music. I use mine for pretty much everything and have to charge it once a day.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I agree, if you are happy with the way iOS v5.0 behaves for you and are also happy with it's battery life then stay clear of v5.0.1

There have been reported cases of battery life being poorer after 'updating'.

It won't be too long before v5.1 is released anyway.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If it were me - Yes, absolutely, without question. However, I don't jailbreak so I can't speak to that.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The new A06 update is pretty good, it seems as though it doesn't kill the battery as quickly as the A05 update. I was quite surprised, because I was hardly touching my phone and it would drain quickly. This update came out last week, I believe Wednesday or Thursday? Apparently, you are supposed to Restore your phone and it will pop saying Download this update. You can restore from back up, so you aren't going to lose your stuff. It is your choice, on what you want to do.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The new A06 update is pretty good, it seems as though it doesn't kill the battery as quickly as the A05 update. I was quite surprised, because I was hardly touching my phone and it would drain quickly. This update came out last week, I believe Wednesday or Thursday? Apparently, you are supposed to Restore your phone and it will pop saying Download this update. You can restore from back up, so you aren't going to lose your stuff. It is your choice, on what you want to do.

Really? My phone says its update to date from the original 5.0.1 update. I didn't know there was another version out. How do I see if I'm on A05 or A06?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site

I decide to upgrade to 5.0.1 with the 9A406 build. I didn't restore as new phone, did you? I am curious to see what my battery life is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I decide to upgrade to 5.0.1 with the 9A406 build. I didn't restore as new phone, did you? I am curious to see what my battery life is.

I restored my phone as new and then went in and used my most recent iTunes back-up. I don't notice a change and I really don't want to restore as new without using a back-up. So I took my Battery Percentage off and am just going to charge it whenever I feel it's low enough. I hate worrying about the battery.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I restored my phone as new and then went in and used my most recent iTunes back-up. I don't notice a change and I really don't want to restore as new without using a back-up. So I took my Battery Percentage off and am just going to charge it whenever I feel it's low enough. I hate worrying about the battery.

Thanks for your feedback. That's a good idea to turn off the battery percentage (out of sight, out of mind).

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. That's a good idea to turn off the battery percentage (out of sight, out of mind).

Exactly. I know a lot of people don't like doing that, but for me, it's the best thing I can do to keep myself from worrying about battery life. I have a charger at home, at work, and in my car. I shouldn't be obsessed with battery life. I love the iPhone regardless.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded to 5.0.1 build 9A406 on Dec 23. I didn't restore as new phone. I am getting great battery life.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have 5.0.1 and I haven't had any issues. A couple instances of quick drain for the battery but on a daily basis it's great.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner