Hi, I would like to know how can I set Siri to read me the text messages that i receive, also i want her to tell me when i receive a text message and from who i received it... Ive been trying to figure out but i have no idea how to do it!!!

u guys are genius and experts!!!!! can u guys tell me how can i do it? thank u so much
    12-18-2011 12:15 AM
    Settings->Notifications->Messages->Show preview must be on. Then wheel you hear the alert ask Siri to read your message.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    Ip.fanboy likes this.
    12-18-2011 12:24 AM
    you cant make siri do it automatically though only if you ask her
    12-18-2011 10:22 AM
    I don't have mine set to show preview and I asked Siri to read a text the other day and she did it. Was that just a fluke?
    12-18-2011 01:02 PM
    Settings->Notifications->Messages->Show preview must be on. Then wheel you hear the alert ask Siri to read your message.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    wow...I get it!
    12-18-2011 11:38 PM
    I don't have mine set to show preview and I asked Siri to read a text the other day and she did it. Was that just a fluke?
    if your phone is locked and the message comes in she will not read it if the phone is unlocked and the message comes in she will read it if you ask..
    zstairlessone likes this.
    12-19-2011 12:27 AM
    Thanks for this one, I've been trying to figure out how to do this so I can communicate while driving (1 hour each way every weekday - lots of time if Siri reads texts back to me) I already had settings set - now I will ask for the message to be read.
    02-12-2012 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD