I will be an iPhone Santa for my DD this year. A brand new iPhone 4 will be her first smartphone. I even stole her feature phone for an afternoon and managed to get her iPhone acitvated/contacts ported/a new case, etc. When she noticed her feature phone wasn't working, I claimed that I could not afford to pay the bill what with the holidays and all and had Sprint temporarily turn her line off. Talk about a hateful look! She'll be apologizing come Christmas. How about ya'll? Anyone else giving iPhone for the holidays?
    12-17-2011 08:19 PM
    I will be an iPhone Santa for my DD this year. A brand new iPhone 4 will be her first smartphone. I even stole her feature phone for an afternoon and managed to get her iPhone acitvated/contacts ported/a new case, etc. When she noticed her feature phone wasn't working, I claimed that I could not afford to pay the bill what with the holidays and all and had Sprint temporarily turn her line off. Talk about a hateful look! She'll be apologizing come Christmas. How about ya'll? Anyone else giving iPhone for the holidays?
    This is an awesome idea. she will love it haha!
    12-17-2011 09:17 PM
    Sweet mama!!
    12-17-2011 09:33 PM
    I too am doing the Santa iPhone thing this year for my lovely bride. Her phone, a BB Curve, is due for an upgrade in February, so she said "I think I am going to get an iPhone." I just got mine and she loves it.

However, she has no idea that I'm getting it for her. Sprint wouldn't upgrade her early for me (scroges) but we have an air card that is eligible for an upgrade, so they are going to let me use the upgrade for it to get her an iPhone.

With two sons in college we agreed to not spend much $ on each other, so I cashed in some hotel points and am trading in my iPod touch and using some Best Buy points to get it without cash out of pocket. She's going to be so surprised.

This is a great time of year!
    writegirl, suself and hellomiggy like this.
    12-17-2011 10:06 PM
    The lengths you went to to get it for her JC make that pretty cool and grand

My gift is that hopefully mine stays functional lol

Oh and a dishwasher.
    12-17-2011 10:58 PM
    My moms getting my gently used iPhone 4 for christmas :P I got my iphone 4 in october off craigslist still brand new cuz I wasn't able to upgrade and then when the iphone 4s came out I wanted that phone and somehow i was eligible for an early upgrade so i took the oppurtinity and upgraded and now my mom gets an iphone 4 :P even though shes a little tech challenged i hope she can get the hang of it.
    12-17-2011 11:13 PM
    My hubby and I purchased two iPhone 4S for each other for Christmas....I ordered his directly from Apple and he got mine that was gently used for a couple of days and the person who had it went back to Blackberry. I have been a Blackberry user since the Blueberry days, so I have some mixed feelings about losing my BBM....but Blackberry isn't doing anything that is exciting me to upgrade.
    risingofthephoenix likes this.
    12-17-2011 11:40 PM
    if it weren't for the Xmas money I get on Xmas Eve and Xmas and on Hanukkah(Xmas day this year) I wouldn't be able to afford getting myself an iPhone 4S outright I love my family
    12-18-2011 05:43 AM
    The lengths you went to to get it for her JC make that pretty cool and grand

My gift is that hopefully mine stays functional lol

Oh and a dishwasher.
    Thanks. I hope she thinks so. I completely out kicked my coverage when I got her to marry me 28 years ago.
    12-18-2011 12:29 PM
    You know, I am *really* glad that I got her the phone because she has not put my 4S down since I brought it in the door. I never get to use my phone! Tee hee, she is going to be soooo stoked. I love this time of year. The only thing that has me a tiny bit worried is that we will be flying this week to head to family for the holidays and I *hope* that the good folks at homeland security do NOT try to pull the lovely, boxed iPhone out of my carry on. If my surprise gets blown at the airport I am going to be really PO'd. Fingers are crossed.
    12-18-2011 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD