iPhone reading SIM cards, but...

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, 1st poster here...

I just bought my first 4S. It's an Apple unlocked version, but I can't get the SIM card I bought here in Brazil (through Claro) to work. Every time I insert the SIM the phone searches for about 3 minutes and then says, "no signal":

Using my co-workers' SIM cards (both Brazilian through Claro/Vivo/Tim/Oi and international through Vodafone, Orange, and Rogers) work fine in my phone.

My SIM card works fine in my co-workers' phones. If it was an issue with cutting my SIM cards, it wouldn't work in anyone's phone...would it?

I'm not getting any "bad SIM', "SIM card failure", "invalid SIM", or "no SIM" error messages. Matter of fact is I'm not getting any error messages at all. I've reset the network settings, done a restore on the phone, and fully restored the phone through iTunes but still no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue here in the US with the unlocked iphone 4S, when I got it I just put it my old iphone 4 sim card and it didn't work, go to your provider and get a new sim card, that did it for me...

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I've gone through 3 different SIM cards with the same result. Other peoples' SIM cards work in my phone just fine, and my card in theirs...

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, other SIM cards from the same network, plus I've tried SIM cards from other networks that work in other peoples' phones. I have cut the cards myself, so I'm going to try to buy a micro-SIM card outright and see if that works any better.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Where did you get your iphone?? Call Applecare from where you are, you have 90 days of Applecare from the moment you got your iphone, Applecare does iphone swaps but I'm not sure here since you're overseas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro