Hello everyone,
    I am having an issue with integrating a sprint number with GV. I have gotten as far as getting a NEW GV number and setting up voice mail. Ideally, i would like to have full integration like on my other two phones (Evo and BB 8530). Attached is a screenshot of how the setting page looks now and the second is the message i get when i try to put in the mobile number. GV recognizes that its a Sprint number, but wont go any further in relation to integration. The account is brand new, no outstanding balance and is clear on Sprint's side. Any thoughts on how to fix this and finish the integration?
    12-15-2011 04:36 PM
    Hmmm, I've never seen that page without the option for text or porting your number. Maybe there is a waiting period because your account is brand new?
    12-15-2011 06:54 PM
    Did you request a new number with google voice? Or did you use your original gv number as your sprint number?

Btw how does integration work for the iPhone on Sprint?
    12-16-2011 04:46 PM
    Hmmm, I've never seen that page without the option for text or porting your number. Maybe there is a waiting period because your account is brand new?
    I thought about that too. It did take about 24 hrs for the number to switch to Sprint in Google's database. But I didn't think about maybe being a waiting period for the 30 day exchange policy...

Anybody else have this issue with a brand new account coming from a different carrier?
    Did you request a new number with google voice? Or did you use your original gv number as your sprint number?

Btw how does integration work for the iPhone on Sprint?
    I originally tried to to use Option #1, but that didn't work. So got a google number to see if I could just upgrade that number to the Sprint number. I got the voicemail part of it to work with the Sprint number, but keep getting the screens i attached over and over again.

As for the second part of you question, its not working the way I had envisioned it. It not getting call logs and the contacts arent syncing to google.com/contacts.
    12-16-2011 06:00 PM
    I thought about that too. It did take about 24 hrs for the number to switch to Sprint in Google's database. But I didn't think about maybe being a waiting period for the 30 day exchange policy...

Anybody else have this issue with a brand new account coming from a different carrier?

I originally tried to to use Option #1, but that didn't work. So got a google number to see if I could just upgrade that number to the Sprint number. I got the voicemail part of it to work with the Sprint number, but keep getting the screens i attached over and over again.

As for the second part of you question, its not working the way I had envisioned it. It not getting call logs and the contacts arent syncing to google.com/contacts.
    sprint is supposedly working with google to make it more integrated. What I would do is give sprint a call they probably know more about it then we do. Sprint was and is the first carrier to fully support google voice and it was my understanding that there working with google to make it seamless.
    12-16-2011 06:23 PM
    To be honest, I'm still not 100% clear on what you're trying to do...when you say "integrating a sprint number with GV" what exactly do you mean?

-Porting a Sprint number to GV, and making GV your carrier?
    -Setting up GV to ring several Sprint numbers?
    -Something else?

I think you want the first, but just wanted to make sure. Assuming that's right, is there any chance that the message in your second image is true? That porting simply isn't supported for that area right now? I'm not terribly familiar with the full capabilities of GV but have just started looking into deeper integration myself, so I'm interested in how this works out.
    12-16-2011 06:47 PM
    To be honest, I'm still not 100% clear on what you're trying to do...when you say "integrating a sprint number with GV" what exactly do you mean?

-Porting a Sprint number to GV, and making GV your carrier?
    -Setting up GV to ring several Sprint numbers?
    -Something else?

I think you want the first, but just wanted to make sure. Assuming that's right, is there any chance that the message in your second image is true? That porting simply isn't supported for that area right now? I'm not terribly familiar with the full capabilities of GV but have just started looking into deeper integration myself, so I'm interested in how this works out.
    GV isn't a carrier in the traditional sense. Its more of a forwarding service in a certain way. When a Sprint number (im using that as an example, i know other carriers utilize the GV service) is "ported", it basically takes the Sprint service, voice and data, and routes it through the GV servers. So you are still using Sprint's network and services, but you have greater options and freedoms that historically you wouldve had to pay for in the past (cloud backups more then anything). I have a two other phones on a different account, and both integrated without any issues at all. For some reason or another, the 4S, on its own account, just will not integrate no matter what I try. I attached a pic of what the desired screen looks like.

As for your interest, I am absolutely, 100% loving GV integration. My office has terrible cell service and I use the GV Chrome extension religiously. I love having a backup of my contacts, txts, calls, etc available anytime anywhere.
    12-19-2011 02:45 PM
    sprint is supposedly working with google to make it more integrated. What I would do is give sprint a call they probably know more about it then we do. Sprint was and is the first carrier to fully support google voice and it was my understanding that there working with google to make it seamless.
    Ive called them a number of times already and everyone i have talked doesnt really know that much about it.
    12-19-2011 03:06 PM
    i just called them again and they were less help then before. They said that they dont support 3rd party apps.......... y'alls guess is as good as mine
    12-19-2011 04:07 PM
    I'm confused as well, what exactly are you trying to do? How was it set up before with your Evo and BB?

From what I see it looked like you do not have a GV number but just a number to access voicemail on GV. I don't know what special arrangements Sprint has with GV either but if you port your Sprint number to GV then your Sprint phone will no longer have service; just like if you ported that number to Verizon or Tmobile.

You need a GV number and Sprint number, at least as I understand it.
    12-19-2011 04:14 PM
    I'm confused as well, what exactly are you trying to do? How was it set up before with your Evo and BB?

From what I see it looked like you do not have a GV number but just a number to access voicemail on GV. I don't know what special arrangements Sprint has with GV either but if you port your Sprint number to GV then your Sprint phone will no longer have service; just like if you ported that number to Verizon or Tmobile.

i did my Evo back when google first announced the service back in late 2009, early 2010. It gave me the option to "Upgrade My Number" and the option to "Enable Google Voice on my Sprint Phone" The BB was set up with the Sprint number as the GV number right off the bat with no issues whatsoever there. As far as special arrangements, its basically a glorified "pass through" service. I hope that make sense...
    12-19-2011 04:42 PM
    Well it might be something with that it was active when you started an account with google voice already on that number. I read where that was a problem with activating an iPhone on sprint so I deactivated mine before activation of the iPhone then deactivated the voice account and have had no problems with it. Just my two sense ymmv.
    12-20-2011 04:50 AM
    Any thoughts on how to fix this and finish the integration?
    Your problem is that you have a GV lite account. Where it says "Your Google voicemail access number" is a clue. I have a Google Number account (per the link below) and on my settings page it says "Your Google Voice number" (verbatim).

Google Voice Account Types - Google Voice Help

I have no idea how you convert as I've always had a GV Number account. You could probably Google it.

EDIT: Click the "Get a Google Voice number" link in your screenshot.

So you are still using Sprint's network and services
    ...or whoever your carrier is.

but you have greater options and freedoms that historically you wouldve had to pay for in the past (cloud backups more then anything).
    Incoming call handling is the big one for me (namely blocking unwanted calls).

See the link at the bottom of this post.

No need to port with Sprint. You can toggle integration (use your Sprint number as your GV number).

Google Voice Blog
    Last edited by briareus; 12-20-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    12-20-2011 10:41 PM
    Just saw an article about a GV update for native Sprint integration. Try that.

http://www.tipb.com/2011/12/21/googl...print-network/

Good luck - let us know the outcome.

12-21-2011 01:07 PM
    Your problem is that you have a GV lite account. Where it says "Your Google voicemail access number" is a clue. I have a Google Number account (per the link below) and on my settings page it says "Your Google Voice number" (verbatim).

I have no idea how you convert as I've always had a GV Number account. You could probably Google it.

EDIT: Click the "Get a Google Voice number" link in your screenshot.

...or whoever your carrier is.

Incoming call handling is the big one for me (namely blocking unwanted calls).

See the link at the bottom of this post.

No need to port with Sprint. You can toggle integration (use your Sprint number as your GV number).
    I only use Google Voice Lite.

Go to Voice Settings and click the Phones tab. Done
    Next to your voicemail number, click Get a Google Voice number.Done
    Click I want to use my mobile number. Done
    Click enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone. If you get an error when trying to complete this step, please take a look at the Troubleshooting section of our FAQs. cant get this far in the process
    Click call me now to verify your phone, and then set up a pin to secure your account.

What if: As this particular google address was created specifically for this purpose, what if i just created a new gmail address? Since nothing is really working the way it should (backups and whatnot) i wouldnt be out anything except changing the syncing for tunes (which i may not have to change anyway).Additionally, the more i think about it, i wonder if part of the issue is the fact this was setup BEFORE the port from VZW to Sprint was complete. Thoughts?
    Last edited by tcsb93; 12-21-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    12-21-2011 02:39 PM
    Just saw an article about a GV update for native Sprint integration. Try that.

Good luck - let us know the outcome.

i will try that tonight and see if that helps. I had to delete the link in the quote because i dont have enough posts yet lol
    12-21-2011 02:42 PM
    EUREKA!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I guess my issue was that the original GV number i had "setup" never got setup in the first place. Just got a new number and everything is gravy now. Everything works except i think the syncing to google contacts may be a little slow considering the small amount of entries.

Thank you everyone for all your help!!! I appreciate all of it!
    12-22-2011 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD