So, I will ask here:
    When I type my name Jerry, my iphone4S always shows Kerry as an option? How do I change the option to Jerry, not Kerry? (if I am not careful it replaces my name with Kerry)
    Thanks a head time for any suggestions.
    12-14-2011 11:17 AM
    So, I will ask here:
    When I type my name Jerry, my iphone4S always shows Kerry as an option? How do I change the option to Jerry, not Kerry? (if I am not careful it replaces my name with Kerry)
    Go to settings >general > reset

Reset keyboard dictionary and see if that solves your problem

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-14-2011 11:45 AM
    My wife and I have this problem. I get a lot of texts that say "love you Jon" when she means to type "love you hon."

(At least I think those texts are meant for me.)
    12-14-2011 12:27 PM
    My wife and I have this problem. I get a lot of texts that say "love you Jon" when she means to type "love you hon."

(At least I think those texts are meant for me.)
    Likely story....Who is this Jon character, and should we be kicking his a$$. LOL
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-14-2011 12:51 PM
    So, I will ask here:
    I had this problem with my phone changing EVB to ebb. The way that I got around it was to put EVB into my phonebook, and the problem went away. Apple says that if you ignore a suggestion long enough, it will remember it, but I didn't see that to be the case.
    12-14-2011 12:53 PM
    Go to settings >general > reset

Reset keyboard dictionary and see if that solves your problem

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the suggestion, But,
    If I RESET DICTIONARY- It says this will delete ALL custom words you have typed on the keyboard, returning the keyboard dictionary to factory defaults.

I only want to change one word- Kerry to Jerry.
    12-14-2011 12:55 PM
    You could set it up as a keyboard shortcut, so if you start typing the first couple of letters, like Je, it would offer your name as the option to change it to, rather than Kerry.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    E_Brown and Jerry5k like this.
    12-14-2011 12:57 PM
    Go to the notes app and keep typing Jerry and canceling the suggested change each time until it stops trying to change it. It used to take 3 changes before it would stop but it now is a seemingly random amount.

Or add a Japanese keyboard and it will open up the custom dictionary and you can manually add words to the dictionary.
    12-14-2011 01:04 PM
    You could set it up as a keyboard shortcut, so if you start typing the first couple of letters, like Je, it would offer your name as the option to change it to, rather than Kerry.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Keyboard shortcut suggestion,

BINGO-I set Jerr to finish with Jerry --Thanks, this works like a charm
    12-14-2011 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD