Have Sprint data speeds improved?

cold war kid

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm just wondering; has anyone seen any improved data speeds on Sprint? Currently I'm an AT&T customer and the bill is getting a little expensive for me. I'm paying close to $95 for 450 minutes, unlimited text, and 2GB of data. On Sprint I'd be paying about $10 less AND I'd be getting unlimited data.

The deal breaker is that I use data quite a bit, I always use up my 2 gigs on my current AT&T plan and speeds are pretty respectable. In my area I average anywhere between 2-3Mbps down and 1Mbps up. I don't know if i could go from that to the atrocious speeds I've seen on Sprint. The speed test I have seen on Sprint iPhones are honestly comparable to EDGE speeds.

It would be nice to have unlimited data at a cheaper price, but I don't know if I would have the patience to handle the caveat of slower speeds.

Anyone here on Sprint from Southwest Florida?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I live in the Fort Myers - Naples area, i have at&t but a friend of mine with the iphone 4s on Sprint is getting 1mbps down, 700kbps up.
I wouldn't switch for the 10 dollars a month savings..

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm in san diego, ca...and you know what...i was experiencing fast speeds at first [0.5~1.5mbps down], but its slowed down since then...[between 0.25-0.50mpbs]

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm very satisfied with sprint 3G here in Miami. I'm a long time sprint customer. Glad I have unlimited data and save money with them

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: bhill0821

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Cleveland and I used to have great 3G speed with Sprint until the iPhone came out. I have been using 4G mostly until now, but when I needed 3G it was so much faster. I used to tether with 3G on a regular basis while buried in one of the buildings at college and get 2mbps steady. Now I can be out in the open and barely break 500kbps. I am starting to really regret not getting a 4G phone.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Cleveland and I used to have great 3G speed with Sprint until the iPhone came out. I have been using 4G mostly until now, but when I needed 3G it was so much faster. I used to tether with 3G on a regular basis while buried in one of the buildings at college and get 2mbps steady. Now I can be out in the open and barely break 500kbps. I am starting to really regret not getting a 4G phone.

dont 4G phones use up a lot of battery

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That was my biggest issue with 4G phones. At least with the iPhone if I'm not gaming on it all day I can go almost all day on one charge, but I catch myself gaming a lot on it so I kill the battery.

which is why ill pass on 4G...ill stick with 3G for now...LTE its the future...

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I will be happy with the iPhone if I can get 2mbps as my avg. I live off my phone. I use it to look up tech documents all the time if I don't already have them on my tablet or phone. 500kbps is real slow for 10+ meg downloads.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to lie...I don't use a speedtest app bcuz I don't think they are accurate. I use my iPhone all day and I have never once said I wish it was moving faster. My service with sprint is great and I'm not just talking about the data I mean everything!

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to lie...I don't use a speedtest app bcuz I don't think they are accurate. I use my iPhone all day and I have never once said I wish it was moving faster. My service with sprint is great and I'm not just talking about the data I mean everything!

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

agreed. in any case wifi is free in many places. and here in my business office and home i have wifi 24/7

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Data coverage in Chicagoland is spotty.
Where it works, it works great. I can stream YouTube videos without any problem.
Where it doesn't work, well it gets frustrating....especially downtown loop. Speeds in that area drop to edge speed all the time.
If not for wifi this phone would be a paper weight there. It sucks that we pay data premium but can't rely on 3G to be consistent.

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I only use the speedtest apps to gauge what is out there for speed. When I'm out and about and I can't get wifi I can tell you that 3G on it is horrible in Cleveland. Too many times a simple webpage or search in google maps takes a lot longer than it should.