iTunes issue on the 4s

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why does a pop up show and ask me to login to a weird iTunes account that isn't mine? The phone was in a sealed box so I know it wasn't a used phone.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If it is asking you to log in to someone else's iTunes account, it's not new...its already been activated and set up with someone else's iTunes account.

Doing a factory reset should cure that. Set it up after as a new phone and log in to your own account. :)

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried that. Twice as a matter of fact. It comes up with different names. For example xhtav@ yahoo.com or itunesblow@ me.com. Never the same one. Fwiw, I bought it new today from radio shack.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
There have been posts about this happening, when other people used someone's computer/iTunes and when there have been apps/music purchased by others in the same computer/iTunes.

Do you have anyone else's content in there, or where you gifted any apps/music?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There have been posts about this happening, when other people used someone's computer/iTunes and when there have been apps/music purchased by others in the same computer/iTunes.

Do you have anyone else's content in there, or where you gifted any apps/music?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

No. Only computer I have used is my home. I also don't have any gifted apps. My wife and I do share an iTunes account. It has only happened a couple of times so I guess I will wait and see if it becomes a persistent problem before taking it to the Apple store.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked all the apps in iTunes? There may be an app from a different account, and it requires you to update it whenever it gets synced over to your phone.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That has happened to me (I share apps with my boyfriend). Generally, the weird emails show up when I restore from iCloud. Only mine and his show up when I use iTunes.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Have you checked all the apps in iTunes? There may be an app from a different account, and it requires you to update it whenever it gets synced over to your phone.

Good suggestion but the only people to ever use iTunes on our computer is my wife and I. No kids.

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen in the apple store-phone was deffently new cos it just came out the box.

and even after a restore it would have this random apple id saved.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt even think twice.. I would take it right back to the store that you bought it and get a new a new one you paid for a new phone you deserve a new phone.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't mean it's not a new phone. This happened to me when I unbowed mine too, and mine was fresh from the apple store. I think it is something with the iCloud backup. I did an iCloud restore in the Apple Store, and this happened. I know my phone was new, I think it was just a funky file in my 4+ years of backups.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So I was having an issue with the vibrator rattling the housing. A genius replaced my phone with a new one and the same thing happened as I was doing a cloud restore from the store. Showed the genius and he insisted that I must have downloaded some apps from another account or synced my phone with another computer. Neither one had happened! I have too many apps (3gb plus) so I am not interested in setting up as new and replacing apps one by one. The problem of the rogue iTunes id didn't show itself after the first day or so. Therefore, I am gonna roll with it like it is.

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Dangit! Busted! I have downloaded a few songs (9) to be exact and 9 happens to be the number of rogue email addresses that come up when I am doing a cloud restore. Guess I have learned my lesson since I would have happily bought all nine songs. SMH!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner