I've used a BlackBerry for years. My company has BB servers and all my field based sales reps have BB's.

We upgraded in August/Sept to the Bold 9930. The form factor is good and I liked it initially. However, it has been replaced 3 times. Throw in the uncertainty of RIM's system and I finally had it. I called Verizon and told them I needed them to replace this phone. While I didn't have an upgrade, my company has a lot of phones with Verizon, so I used another upgrade that was available to change phones.

I have had great success with my iPad2 and MacBook Air (that thing is sweet!), so it was natural that I would consider the iPhone. I spent a lot of time with the various Verizon phones and many of the Android phones were impressive, but the functionality of them couldn't touch the iPhone. Throw in that I'm enjoying the iCloud for my other devices and it was a natural fit.

I fought it for a long time hoping RIM would get their act together, but that ship is sinking and I'm not going to be left without a life vest.

It will be here next Wednesday, so I can't wait to put it into action.

I'm leaving the CrackBerry forums and will lurk here on a regular basis.
    12-10-2011 03:44 PM
    Awesome. You're gonna love it. I came over from Android (and Android Central forums..lol), and I won't go back. I have a Mac Mini, but I still bucked the Iphone switch for a while. I finally made the leap and am glad I did. Welcome!
    12-10-2011 04:09 PM
    Welcome to iPhone and TiPb
    12-10-2011 04:10 PM
    welcome to tipb.. we need more users here so its good to see you join up.. I went "iphone 2g, blackberry storm, blackberry tour, blackberry bold 9700, nexus one, then right back to iphone 4 and iphone 4s." dont think I will be leaving for a while
    12-10-2011 04:40 PM
    I just left bb for iPhone too! Best move I Ever made, you will not regret it!
    12-10-2011 04:46 PM
    welcome to tipb.. we need more users here so its good to see you join up.. I went "iphone 2g, blackberry storm, blackberry tour, blackberry bold 9700, nexus one, then right back to iphone 4 and iphone 4s." dont think I will be leaving for a while
    Thanks. I've changed about as much as you. I hope this is it for a while.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. TiPb will be a huge help for me in my iPhone development.
    12-10-2011 05:07 PM
    Thanks. I've changed about as much as you. I hope this is it for a while.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. TiPb will be a huge help for me in my iPhone development.
    One thing you will like is that it is a really easy phone to learn.
    12-10-2011 05:18 PM
    One thing you will like is that it is a really easy phone to learn.
    welcome jc !! I was also a bb user of over 4yrs when in Nov I was fed up with the memory leaks on my 9650 OS6. The day I switched I never looked back or had any withdrawals either. The transition was smooth. As noaim said, the platform is easy to learn/use.

As for the forums, I'm still somewhat active on CB because of a few friends there but I honestly spend most of my time here now. Plus it's peaceful here

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    12-10-2011 05:41 PM
    Welcome to iphone. It doesn't have the same great rings as Black Berry. So you will have to purchase some rings.
    12-10-2011 07:26 PM
    Awesome. You're gonna love it. I came over from Android (and Android Central forums..lol), and I won't go back. I have a Mac Mini, but I still bucked the Iphone switch for a while. I finally made the leap and am glad I did. Welcome!
    Welcome! I just switched last week coming from the 9900. I am very impressed with the i4s and will not be going back. Very happy with my decision. Enjoy!
    12-10-2011 07:34 PM
    Welcome!! I went from Blackberry to Android to iPhone and I now feel right at home! Lol I'm sure you'll recognize a few faces/usernames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-10-2011 07:38 PM
    Welcome to the light side.
    12-10-2011 08:27 PM
    welcome to the "best" side. previous blackberry user for 6 years. switched to iphone4s once sprint got it. i love it. the transition was smooth. iOS is better smoother and fast. no headaches...just "wow" last bb i had was a 9930...not even that made me want to stay with RIM..congrats and enjoy.
    12-10-2011 09:21 PM
    I had a 9650, then the iP4, then the 9930 came out and I had try it. Ended up selling it and picking up an iP4 32gb at a steal. Probably going to get a 4s in Feb.

Still active on CB, that's where everyone sells their Apple stuff.
    12-11-2011 12:51 AM
    It's too bad, RIM really had the world by the tail just a few years ago. They decided they just *had* to compete with Apple and the iPhone - and lost their mojo with half-assed products. HOW could they release the Playbook without an E-MAIL CLIENT??!?

I went from iPhone to a Curve, then a Tour, then an Evo 4g, and came right back to iPhone 4S the minute Sprint announced they would have it.
    12-11-2011 01:04 AM
    Welcome to iphone. It doesn't have the same great rings as Black Berry. So you will have to purchase some rings.
    Actually, there is a free way to take .MP3 ringtones and convert them for iPhones

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    12-11-2011 01:34 AM
    ...same here, long-time BB user who finally just got disillusioned and am now very happy I made the switch. I was using the 9900 and the Playbook just a couple of months ago and have to say that I'm having WAY more fun - and being just as productive - w/ the iPad2 and 4s. I thought I'd miss the keyboard but have been surprised how easily and quickly I've managed to adapt w/o it. As for ringtones, I downloaded iRinger to my PC and it's just SO easy to put tones onto the phone and iPad w/ that, I'd definitely recommend it for all ex-BBers who are lookiing for different sounds and alerts.
    12-11-2011 02:12 AM
    no you dont. i make all my ringtones for free with iTunes. super easy and fast to make it and load it. i never buy mp3's nor rightones. i use those funds for apps. most of the apps i buy are for business and what not. and like many have said here...ive had my ip4s since launch day and i dont miss the keyboard of a blackberry at all. im typing super fast on this thing. iphone has the best and most accurate screen/virtual keyboard combo...
    12-11-2011 06:50 AM
    Welcome!!!

Long time BB user here as well. 4S was my first iphone and I will never leave !!! Best phone I have ever had..

and as far as ringtones, yes, you can use itunes but I discovered Phonezoo.com.. tons and tons of free ringtones and text tones to choose from..

Enjoy
    12-11-2011 09:28 AM
    I used BB for 5 years, went through a bunch (8700 wheel/curve/storm/Tour/9650 Bold) then got a Droid global 2. These were all work/personal combination devices. I switched jobs a couple of months ago and was issued the latest/greatest Bold 9930. Long story short, having moved away from BB for about 6 months with the Droid, going back to BB was awful. So last week I became the proud parent of a new IPhone 4S (black/32/Vrzn)!! absolutely love it. Still have my BB for work, never wanted 2 devices but I am so happy with the IPhone only regret is not getting it sooner! Yeah Baby!! Now if I can only figure out how to get Twitter notifications... haha
    12-11-2011 07:56 PM
    Welcome, I just switched this past Friday from a 9650 to a 64gb 4s and I am glad to be on the "light side" away from the "Dark-Side". Before my Bold I had a 2 Tours a replacement right before my Bold was a replacement with the trackball that would go down when light pressure was applied. I had a Curve 1, 8703e and a 7100i. I have also had some Palm Treo's and a Windows Phone(before Windows Phone OS). I have found that typing on the iPhone is better than it was on the BB.

DJ
    12-12-2011 09:31 AM
    I'm floored at the replies. A couple of you referenced CB. I have tended to tread lightly over there because it doesn't take much to crate DefCon1 on their boards. I haven't been flamed, but I've certainly witnessed it. I can already tell it will be a more relaxed culture over here.

Good idea about selling stuff over there. I've got quite a few BB items to get rid of, so that's a great idea.

The ringtone help is also good because I love custom ring tones based on the person calling me.

Many thanks!
    12-12-2011 10:38 AM
    Throw in the uncertainty of RIM's system and I finally had it.
    Did your company not have BES? We do and very few of the RIM outages affect us (though there was the recent one that did).

No need to purchase. I'm using Chi Gong on my iPhone 4s which I had on my BB's, for example. Just search around for the ringtone you're looking for and Google the instructions on making/syncing custom tones.
    Last edited by briareus; 12-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    12-12-2011 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD