Unlocked iPhone 4S swapped for a different iPhone model

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello guys, I was having rebooting and recovery mode issues with my factory unlocked iPhone 4S ( MD237LL ) and went to the Apple store today and they decided to replace it, after leaving the store I noticed the model of the new phone was MC924LL which I found thru google is the AT&T version, I went back to the store and was told that even though the model was not the same the phone would still be factory unlocked, they guaranteed me it was the same thing, I'm going to try a sim card from Tmobile but in the meantime what do you guys think??....

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
why not just put the sim in and see if it works?

Thanks for replying but I probably didn't make myself clear, I'm with AT&T and the new phone works with my current sim card but I'm wondering if it's going to work on other GSM networks overseas since I travel a lot, the new iphone replacement I got it's an at&t iphone, the one I had before was a factory unlocked model..

d-clem

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
oh, i get what you're saying, as long as its a 4s, it doesn't matter which carrier its supposed to be on, all the 4s' have both antennas so yes it will be fine

d-clem

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
those were supposed to be links, not sure what happened, sorry i tried, but bottom line, yes all 4s' have both antennas or antennae i think is how you say it plural

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
oh, i get what you're saying, as long as its a 4s, it doesn't matter which carrier its supposed to be on, all the 4s' have both antennas so yes it will be fine

Thanks, i'm concerned since I was under the impression that all at&t iphones being sold now are locked to at&t, I'll try a tmobile sim card later to see what happens.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
That's my point, i shouldn't have to do that because my original purchase was a factory unlocked iphone and I paid full price for it..

Hopefully it's unlocked because the previous poster was incorrect AT&T will not unlock any iPhone for any reason

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

645Ci

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If MC924LL is truly a AT&T version, I can gurantee that it is unlocked.

Because I broke my screen yesterday and went to Apple Store in Canada to get it replaced. (btw, I'm from Vancouver). My replaced version is MC924LL too... I am using it with my Fido SIM Card.

Do you think these "new" 4S are refurblished? or they are really brand new? They are not taken out of the regular boxes.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I had my unlocked 32GB warrantied due to it having a craptastic camera (I'm also from Vancouver) and the replacement is MC923LL. I would assume its still unlocked (as Apple lock/unlock is done via imei database on their end rather than code). I haven't verified that though as I haven't tried another SIM.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

aberrant.chicken

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
the apple store can take a brand new locked phone and unlock it when they run out of stocked factory unlock phones. it is the same thing, you shouldn't have any problem using sim cards from other carriers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73