If you block a number on your verizon account will it also block them from imessaging you?
    12-08-2011 01:33 AM
    If you block a number on your verizon account will it also block them from imessaging you?
    I would have to say yes but that's probably a good question for apple/vzw
    12-08-2011 03:21 AM
    Yes. It blocks calls and texts.
    12-09-2011 09:35 AM
    iMessage goes through Apple servers so I'd say no.
    thejasonhowell likes this.
    12-10-2011 11:16 AM
    I'm thinking no as well since an iMessage is sent over the data network... Best bet is to call Apple or VZW...
    12-10-2011 11:21 AM
    iMessage is a separate messaging service used by apple verizon or any carrier have no way to block it
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-10-2011 04:49 PM
    iMessage is a separate messaging service used by apple verizon or any carrier have no way to block it
    Thx for this info noaim. I went thru Verizons call/msg blocking option and the msgs were still coming through on my younger daughters phone. I've come realize its imessages, and when i spoke with Verizon just now, there is no way to block imessages from this person because it is indeed from Apples servers, and the only way to handle this is to shut imessage off.

SO, my next question to anyone who may know, without jailbreaking the 4S, is there perhaps an app that may block these imessages so she doesnt have to shut imsg off completely? any help would really be appreciated thanks.
    09-17-2012 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD