ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I'm new to TiPb and I'm looking to get an iPhone 4 or 4s after the first of the year (when contract is up). My question (and sorry if there are tons of these... search got web-washed at work) is do I go with the 4 or 4S? Is it not that much of an upgrade or is the A5 chipset and 1080p really worth it? Thanks.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think 1080p is worth it, but yes the 4s is totally worth it. Especially if you're getting it at an upgrade price.

I asked the same thing not too long ago actually and here's some of the things that were brought up (that I remember off the top of my head):

Resale value - while the 4 still has a decent value, it will continue to drop and will drop like a rock when the next iPhone comes out.

If you got a 4, would there still be a nagging want of the 4s?

Siri is the **** If you spend the time to learn it.

The extra camera features are quite nice if you use it. Plus the camera hardware upgrade itself is worth it.

I've had my 4S not quite a month yet and I'm so so happy I didn't get a 4.

Get the 4S. That is all.

Reactions: ruscolinni

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Everyone!! That's exactly what I wanted to know. My wife has a 3Gs and with iOS5, it was a considerable upgrade... I was afraid the 4 would be in the same boat... iOS5 upgrade-siri kind of thing. Thanks for your help! 4s it is!;)

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're buying new, the 4 only comes with 8GB.. That alone should be the decider if you have a decent music, movie, app, etc.. collection

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you're buying new, the 4 only comes with 8GB.. That alone should be the decider if you have a decent music, movie, app, etc.. collection

And the 8GB I think really only gets you 6.8GB's for media. For example, Infiniti Blade II takes up 1.2 GB's of space. 6.8 GB's doesnt get anybody far.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I upgrade to a 4S from my iphone 4 that I have had since June 2010. The 4S is a signficant upgrade for me: 1)8mp camera and massive improvements to flash and quality of photos 2)1080 HD recording 3)more storage space avaiable 4)dual core cpu 5)SIRI

It all comes down to what your budget is and if you can see yourself owning the 4 for 2 years.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Of course, to make it all confusing 4 vs 4s, on redmondpie.com and cultofmac.com, they are reporting that the iphone5 is being tested intenally as we speak. No one knows if the release date is June 2012 or Fall 2012.

I personally want to enjoy the most advanced technology that is available to me currently. I don't want to wait for another 7-12 months for the next device. For me, it's about "what I can do now".

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Of course, to make it all confusing 4 vs 4s, on redmondpie.com and cultofmac.com, they are reporting that the iphone5 is being tested intenally as we speak. No one knows if the release date is June 2012 or Fall 2012.

Verizon folks that got the iPhone4 at launch on 2 year contracts will be eligible to upgrade again Starting October 2012... that would be a good time to launch the next iteration of the iPhone, whatever they decide to call it :D

Daisy Dee

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I'm new to TiPb and I'm looking to get an iPhone 4 or 4s after the first of the year (when contract is up). My question (and sorry if there are tons of these... search got web-washed at work) is do I go with the 4 or 4S? Is it not that much of an upgrade or is the A5 chipset and 1080p really worth it? Thanks.
newest is allways the best, unless you tight on $$$ then I don't think the 4s is too different from the 4.

I have the iPhone 4 and I don't see a need to upgrade, :)

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have the means to go w the 4s do it! At first I was gonna just get an iPhone 4 but it was only 50 more for the 4s, better camera, Siri, just seemed like the best option for me. :) I'm happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 4S by using my wife's upgrade and she took my iPhone 4 (she had a 3GS). She's happy with the 4 because she doesn't like Siri. I'm happy with the 4S because of the speed, Siri, and the camera.

My advice to anyone would be pay the extra money up front and buy the better phone. If you're gonna be stuck with something for 20 months or more, you might as well be stuck with the best.

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I was going to go with the 4 at first because it was 100 dollars cheaper but then decided to bite the little 100 dollar bullet and get be top of the line. Why buy last years model when you can get the best iPhone ever fora mere 100 dollars more?!

vishhh

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have upgraded from I4 to I4s and feel it's worth upgrade as its supper fast and upgraded camera truly makes a worthy update

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Nothing much left to say... for me, it was worth it. Went from the 4 to the 4S and I noticed a difference. The video quality is top notch and everyone I show the videos I take with it, say it's unbelievable that a phone's camera took it and probably was done on a camcorder and put on my phone.

DV26

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I came from a 32gb iPhone 4 and bought the 16gb 4s. Regretting it already as i have only got 2gb left! But, it's defiantly a substantial upgrade with the camera and overall speed. Hope you?re enjoying your 4s!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2