Ordered a white iphone 4s today but now I am unsure because of the camera...

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading that there was a difference between the iphone 4s black and iphone 4s white camera quality. Does anyone have any info if this is true? I thought I remembered seeing difference as far as color saturation goes and auto white brightness. Does anyone have hands on with both and noticed any differences? Thanks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the first I heard of this. I did a google search and came up with nothing saying people have had different findings. I would not worry about it because if it was a issue, it would be all over the net and blogs.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I heard about the "rumor" as well. I don't see how the color of the phone could affect the light input through the lens. If there truly is a difference, I'd guess it's purely a quality control or software issue that is inherent to all 4S's regardless of color. My white 4s takes awesome pictures. I'm just comparing that to my Droid X though.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually - there was some concern before the 4S became available where the white iPhones allowed some of the flash light to flood the camera causing quality issues - I'm guessing it's similar to some of the issues that both black and white iPhones have when colored cases are used - (where the flash reflects off the case causing unwanted results on the photos).

From what I've read - this was corrected before the white iPhone was released. Here's one article on it.

White iPhone 4 vs. Black iPhone 4: Do They Have Different Cameras? | PCWorld

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-4s-fo...lack-vs-white-iphone-camera-flash-battle.html

I was skimming through this on my iphone while I was walking so I didn't get to ready all of it before class. Anywho, I guess it doesn't make much difference. Now, the only debate is if I want to keep it at 16gb or go up to 32... I will give it to my dad after I am done using it (because he will be using my 4) and I will use my upgrade for the 5.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok this article is on the iPhone 4 and not 4S. I did own both of the 4. Had a black at first and then the white. I did not notice anything different about the quality of pictues when I owned them.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I originally purchased a black 32gig but exchanged it for a white one before my 30 exchange was up and I can tell you there is no difference in camera quality as far as I can tell it just takes awesome pictures

beamed from my 4s using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's always about color in these forums. I thought we were a different class here.

LOL !!

Any who, as for the cam pic quality, I would suggest the OP to take a look in the "post pix taken with your 4S". I have the white 4S and the cam is just awesome;)

In that thread you will see for yourself that there is completely no difference with the black or white iPhone cams. They both take equally nice pix without a doubt;):)

http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-4s-forum/220289-post-pictures-taken-your-iphone-4s-here.html

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have black,wife has white. No difference. Black car white car,same model,make drives the same. Of course unless one is defective..

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok this article is on the iPhone 4 and not 4S. I did own both of the 4. Had a black at first and then the white. I did not notice anything different about the quality of pictues when I owned them.

Actually, the article that I posted was a comparison between the black 4s and the white 4s. But, it looks like everyone agrees that there is no difference so I guess I will just roll with it. I like the 4 camera but the 4s has a more "natural" feel to it. I can't wait!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the article that I posted was a comparison between the black 4s and the white 4s. But, it looks like everyone agrees that there is no difference so I guess I will just roll with it. I like the 4 camera but the 4s has a more "natural" feel to it. I can't wait!

oops I am sorry. I clicked on the link right above your post with the article from PC World. Got the posts mixed up.

vishhh

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is any difference in regards to photo quality be it black or white u will get the same results.

gitit20

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
All my photos where white washed i took it back got another back on it and all was good there where a few of them that had a defuser that was not installed right you can tell this by looking how bright you whole back is when the flash is on

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
White iPhone 4S owner. I will say that the camera quality is fantastic....except sometimes I have issues with flash when taking pictures. Sometimes the flash can cause a substantial white ring in my pictures.

rodger-bb

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
The difference comes into play when you're using a case. The black iPhone 4S in a case will reflect less of the flash light so you are less likely to have a washout effect. The white can reflect more of the flash light so you are more likely to get a washout effect. But this is only going to happen on certain cases most new cases for the for 4S have adjusted for this issue. But keep in mind the white is a little bit thicker than a black. This may come into play depending on the case you wanted to use.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The only difference I know of in the black and white 4Ss are the screen tint. Some of the black 4S models have a "yellow" tint to the screen. My husband has a black 4S and it's very obvious he has a yellow-tinted screen when compared to my whtie 4S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2