Still cant decide which carrier for the 4S

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint, ATT, or Verizon. All have good coverage in my area. Data speeds are what concerns me the most.

I can get unlmtd data on ATT but which one to choose? :confused:

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has hspa which would have the fastest for the 4s if it is in your network and if you have unlimited with them then why not stay with them? Sprint would be the only other carrier that you could get unlimited and data speeds wouldn't be close to AT&T with hspa

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea if i were in that position ATT would be game just for the unlimited data and suggested speeds the only other factor is cost with Sprint winning but Verizon would be the most consistent day to day

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are on wireless, you can talk and surf on any of the networks. ATT is unlimited to a point. If you are a new customer, you're out of luck. They will throttle you of you use too much data which will bring you down to edge like speeds so if streaming lots of music is your thing, I'd maybe consider Sprint.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Isn't sprint only seeing .3-.4mb on most iPhones right now anyway? That's not that far off of edge speeds even if it is unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

zurch

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to AT&T . I'm on sprint and I'm jumping to AT&T ASAP. My 4s gets .5 mbps on the regular it's pathetic and my iPad gets 6.0 Mbps daily at all times on 3G.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
As long as you are on wireless, you can talk and surf on any of the networks. ATT is unlimited to a point. If you are a new customer, you're out of luck. They will throttle you of you use too much data which will bring you down to edge like speeds so if streaming lots of music is your thing, I'd maybe consider Sprint.
Incorrect.... only time you can get simultaneous voice and date on a 3G network like Sprint or Verizon is when you're connected to wifi. And with that, you're not on the "3G" network.

I live/work in the NYC region and even in time square where I work, I don't get wifi free everywhere like every one seems to think, unless I go in to a coffee shop like starbucks.

eyeseeyou

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you can get unlimited I'd go with AT&T, the fastest 3G connection. If you can't get unlimited at&t 3G connection id get sprint.

Slow connection or not, most apps require some sort of data connection and that's something you don't want to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone 10

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect.... only time you can get simultaneous voice and date on a 3G network like Sprint or Verizon is when you're connected to wifi. And with that, you're not on the "3G" network.

I live/work in the NYC region and even in time square where I work, I don't get wifi free everywhere like every one seems to think, unless I go in to a coffee shop like starbucks.

Incorrect? I said wireless and in my typing should have added the word network but didn't.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will give you the best coverage hands down... You just need to select which feature is most important for you and go with it. I've had verizon since it was Airtouch Cellular and have had many occasions when I got a strong signal while others didn't get any.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Unlimited or not AT&T has the fastest and the best data speeds hands down .... And they don't throttle data unless you're a data hog

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Incorrect? I said wireless and in my typing should have added the word network but didn't.
All networks are wireless though :confused:

Only network in the U.S. capable of doing both simultaneously over their 3G network is AT&T in regards to the iPhone and 3G data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner