Sprint confirmed to me that the 4S has Carrier IQ. You can turn it off in settings. The whole reason why I got the 4S was because I didn't think Apple would let this poison on IOS. Pretty disappointing.
    12-01-2011 04:58 PM
    Sprint confirmed to me that the 4S has Carrier IQ. You can turn it off in settings. The whole reason why I got the 4S was because I didn't think Apple would let this poison on IOS. Pretty disappointing.
    Sprint lied to you.. apple said its removed in ios5
    12-01-2011 05:22 PM
    Sprint lied to you.. apple said its removed in ios5
    Yes and no. They've removed it from most products using iOS 5, but will removing it completely in a future iOS version.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 12-01-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    12-01-2011 05:30 PM
    Yes and no. They've removed it from some products using iOS 5, but will removing it completely in a future iOS version.
    wasnt aware of this however I was aware that this is the diagnostics section in ios which is always asked if you want to participate.. thats a much bigger step then the other phones took.. every other phone with this has no opt out..

on an iPhone you can also see the log thats being sent
    12-01-2011 05:33 PM
    According to Apple it will be completely removed with an update. I spoke with a supervisor in the fraud division at Sprint and they did confirm it is active on the 4S. Apple released the below statement today and it just says "most of our products".

"We stopped supporting CarrierIQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so."
    12-01-2011 05:37 PM
    According to Apple, only the iPhone 4 has carrier IQ. All others do not have it, even the 4S.

Apple: Carrier IQ still on iPhone 4, but we don't read your e-mail and texts

Personally, it doesn't bother me. Carrier IQ on iOS isn't as drastic as Android.
    12-01-2011 05:39 PM
    no matter if its on the 4s 4 or not you still have to op in to using it.. and like i said just go to settings>general>about>diagnostics and usage> diagnostics & usage data and you can see exactly what would be sent there is no messages no emails no keystrokes in those logs
    Last edited by noaim; 12-01-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    12-01-2011 05:42 PM
    I also am not interesting enough to worry about being spied on. Hahahahahaha.....but sad in a way.
    12-01-2011 05:46 PM
    I also am not interesting enough to worry about being spied on. Hahahahahaha.....but sad in a way.
    true what do I really have to hide?
    12-01-2011 05:50 PM
    true what do I really have to hide?
    you guys are funny, lol.

Unless your a huge big wig, a secret spy or a million/billion/trillion-aire --then i wouldnt think theres anything to worry about. BUT, we have 2 i4's and 2 i4S's in the house, and that feature is OFF on all of them id rather NOT be spyed on anyway
    12-01-2011 06:11 PM
    you guys are funny, lol.

Unless your a huge big wig, a secret spy or a million/billion/trillion-aire --then i wouldnt think theres anything to worry about. BUT, we have 2 i4's and 2 i4S's in the house, and that feature is OFF on all of them id rather NOT be spyed on anyway
    mines off also.. I opted out when I bought both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s the device asks right away when you first get it..

but like i said you can see the logs that it sends anyway and there is no key strokes in them..
    12-01-2011 06:30 PM
    mines off also.. I opted out when I bought both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s the device asks right away when you first get it..

but like i said you can see the logs that it sends anyway and there is no key strokes in them..
    yea, i've peered in on my diag & use logs and saw them. not that i necessarily understood what it all meant LOL

When i first got my 4S 11/4, i didn't know any better and figured it was a good thing to have these diagnostic reports sent to Apple to help with the battery issues etc. so i didnt turn mine off till last week sometime right before Thanksgiving, and thats when i turned my older daughters and my husbands off.

then when middle daughter got hers this Monday, i just automatically turned it off to begin with. THEN all this popped up today, lol, so i was happy that i shut them all off
    12-01-2011 06:47 PM
    yea, i've peered in on my diag & use logs and saw them. not that i necessarily understood what it all meant LOL

When i first got my 4S 11/4, i didn't know any better and figured it was a good thing to have these diagnostic reports sent to Apple to help with the battery issues etc. so i didnt turn mine off till last week sometime right before Thanksgiving, and thats when i turned my older daughters and my husbands off.

then when middle daughter got hers this Monday, i just automatically turned it off to begin with. THEN all this popped up today, lol, so i was happy that i shut them all off
    with apples I think they are being used for good things the logs are just diagnostic crashes low memory errors etc it does help apple to get that information so whether your in or out its not going to hurt you.

quote from apple

"We stopped supporting Carrier IQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so."
    Last edited by noaim; 12-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-01-2011 07:43 PM
    with apples I think they are being used for good things the logs are just diagnostic crashes low memory errors etc it does help apple to get that information so whether your in or out its not going to hurt you.

quote from apple

"We stopped supporting Carrier IQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so."
    thx for posting this. i *thought* i read something like this somewhere, lol, but didnt completely take it in. NOW i've read it thoroughly !

yes, i know it would send crash reports, low mem errors etc., and i think i had a couple of those in my diags.(not recently IDT) but my 4S is running nice so i dont feel the need to have it on. IF i was to have any issues, i'd be calling Apple directly anyway
    12-01-2011 08:21 PM
    thx for posting this. i *thought* i read something like this somewhere, lol, but didnt completely take it in. NOW i've read it thoroughly !

yes, i know it would send crash reports, low mem errors etc., and i think i had a couple of those in my diags.(not recently IDT) but my 4S is running nice so i dont feel the need to have it on. IF i was to have any issues, i'd be calling Apple directly anyway
    yea I understand that I guess my point was not to get you to turn it on just to say that the people who do have it on are safe from having there personal information stolen!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-01-2011 08:27 PM
    yea I understand that I guess my point was not to get you to turn it on just to say that the people who do have it on are safe from having there personal information stolen!
    yep, i understood your point
    noaim likes this.
    12-01-2011 08:31 PM
    Yesterday I posted about Carrier iQ some hater deleted my topic. Apple just announced all removal of Carrier iQ from all devices in future updates.
    12-01-2011 11:27 PM

you actually believe those are the true logs?
    12-02-2011 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD