iPhone 4S Satisfaction Rating at 96% (AAPL, SSNLF, MMI, GOOG) - 24/7 Wall St.

iPhone 4S Satisfaction Rating at 96% (AAPL, SSNLF, MMI,*GOOG)

The iPhone 4S from Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) gets top marks for customer satisfaction according to a new survey from Changewave Research. Some 77% of customers are very satisfied with the latest iPhone, and another 19% are satisfied with the device. For the previous model, the iPhone 4, customer satisfaction totaled 93%. A mere 2% of owners were dissatisfied with the iPhone 4S.

The most popular feature of the iPhone 4S is the Siri digital assistant, which 49% of owners identified as the best feature of the new phone.

But the iPhone 4S is not perfect. Some 30% of owners bemoan the lack of 4G capability and 38% are dissatisfied with the new phones battery life. However, the well-publicized battery life issue with the iPhone 4S did not play a significant role in the satisfaction ratings:

Two-in-five owners said they had experienced reduced battery life with their iPhone 4S (40%). But when asked how much of a problem this issue was for them, only 8% of all owners said it was a Very Big Problem while 20% said it wasSomewhat of a Problem.

A problem that plagued the iPhone 4 antenna did not recur with the iPhone 4S, according to Consumer Reports:

In special reception tests of the iPhone 4S that duplicated those we did on the iPhone 4, the newer phone did not display the same reception flaw, which involves a loss of signal strength when you touch a spot on the phones lower left side while youre in an area with a weak signal.

Apples fix for the reception issue led the consumer magazine to add the iPhone 4s to its list of recommended models, but the device is not at the top of the list. The Galaxy S II smartphone from Samsung Electronics (OTS: SSNLF) and the Droid Bionic from Motorola Mobility Holdings Co. (NYSE: MMI), which use the Android operating system from Google, Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG), were the top two phones in the magazines rankings.

Changewave also asked iPhone 4S owners about dropped calls. Just 2.5% of iPhone 4S owners said that they had a problem with dropped calls, half the number that noted dropped calls in the July 2010 survey of iPhone 4 owners. Changewave attributes the improvement in dropped call rates to the availability of more networks:

AT&T had been the exclusive service provider for the iPhone. But in the current ChangeWave survey, nearly two-in-five iPhone 4S owners are using other wireless service providers (i.e., Verizon, Sprint) that have historically shown lower dropped call rates in our surveys than AT&T.

The dropped call rate for Verizon Wireless customers was 1.3%, compared with a dropped call rate of 4.2% among AT&T customers.

When customers pay $199 to $399 for a new smartphone, its natural that they should be satisfied with it. After all, no one wants to admit to spending that kind of money for a piece of junk. Consider though, that in another survey by Consumer Intelligence Research, some 30% of iPhone 4S buyers were iPhone 4 owners who paid an early termination fee of around $325 for the privilege of buying an iPhone 4S. And 23% of those buyers bought the top-of-the-line model for $399. Thats pretty impressive testimony to iPhone owners loyalty to Apple and its ability to deliver a high-quality product every time.

Paul Ausick
    12-01-2011 03:05 PM
    This doesn't surprise me at all. iPhone customers have always been pretty loyal to the brand
    12-01-2011 03:17 PM
    The reception and voice issues are way too big a deal for me to be satisfied with this phone. Most likely selling it and getting an iPod Touch.
    12-01-2011 05:10 PM
    The reception and voice issues are way too big a deal for me to be satisfied with this phone. Most likely selling it and getting an iPod Touch.
    how about getting a replacement my voice calls are great..
    12-01-2011 05:26 PM
    Me too. Never had a drop call and every call is crystal clear. I would try replacement before giving up on a great phone!!
    12-01-2011 06:17 PM
    i own an iPod touch 3rd gen and an iPad1 and have been happy with them. This, how ever, is my first iPhone after being a bb user for over 4yrs, and i can say i'm very satisfied so far with my experience overall, call quality, tx/imessage, browser experience, media etc Happy enough that when my upgrade comes around in 2yrs, i will be looking forward to the next iPhone model that will be avail at that time !!
    Cleveland likes this.
    12-01-2011 06:31 PM
    i own an iPod touch 3rd gen and an iPad1 and have been happy with them. This, how ever, is my first iPhone after being a bb user for over 4yrs, and i can say i'm very satisfied so far with my experience overall, call quality, tx/imessage, browser experience, media etc Happy enough that when my upgrade comes around in 2yrs, i will be looking forward to the next iPhone model that will be avail at that time !!
    18 months.. its not a full two years on verizon its 18 months
    12-01-2011 06:35 PM
    18 months.. its not a full two years on verizon its 18 months
    ok, fine--18 mths..... wait, actually isn't it technically 20mths now cuz they changed it?
    12-01-2011 06:43 PM
    ok, fine--18 mths..... wait, actually isn't it technically 20mths now cuz they changed it?
    maybe they did.. I know about 2 months ago they told my mom 18 months..
    12-01-2011 06:44 PM
    maybe they did.. I know about 2 months ago they told my mom 18 months..
    ok, they mustve changed it, cuz i upgraded Dec.2010, and techinically i'm not eligible again till Aug.2012, which is 20mth from the 2yr contract completion.

I stole my daughters upgrade(nov2011) to get my 4S, and then she stole my yougest sons to get hers !! LOL

so when august2012 comes around, my upgrade will go to my youngest son now.
    12-01-2011 06:50 PM
    PINK I think your a guy in real life #just saying
    12-01-2011 07:23 PM
    ok, they mustve changed it, cuz i upgraded Dec.2010, and techinically i'm not eligible again till Aug.2012, which is 20mth from the 2yr contract completion.

I stole my daughters upgrade(nov2011) to get my 4S, and then she stole my yougest sons to get hers !! LOL

so when august2012 comes around, my upgrade will go to my youngest son now.
    ahhhh the old pass the upgrade around trick!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-01-2011 07:40 PM
    why would you think that?
    12-01-2011 07:41 PM
    yea, ok, what ever you'd like to think.....move on
    ahhhh the old pass the upgrade around trick!
    [ yeppers !!
    probably because they are bored and have nothing better to do that to post pointless non-sense
    noaim likes this.
    12-01-2011 08:33 PM
    Sounds like trolling to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 08:46 PM
    sounds like trolling to me.

Sent from my iphone 4s using tapatalk
    BiNgO !!
    12-01-2011 08:48 PM
    BiNgO !!
    When I see a post like that from someone with a few # of posts, I just tend to ignore them.

12-01-2011 08:54 PM
    When I see a post like that from someone with a few # of posts, I just tend to ignore them.

i *usually* do as well, but i was highly amused by that one !!
    12-01-2011 08:57 PM
    i *usually* do as well, but i was highly amused by that one !!
    It was amusing. A little out of the blue, but amusing none the less.

12-01-2011 09:06 PM
    I'm sure that survey is flawed
    12-02-2011 06:48 AM
    I'm sure that survey is flawed
    really ? Please explain
    12-02-2011 08:50 AM
    really ? Please explain
    First of all the high percentage of satisfied customers is just unbelievable. They must have gotten a survey from customers who happen to be apple employees or affiliates. A real survey would ask questions pertaining to missing features that all smartphones have or hardware flaws like a 64 gig only having 52 gig of real memory. I would like to see a survey of business power users coming from blackberry I would also include users from android webOS and windows. I'm positive the satisfaction survey would tilt the other direction. In fairness to apple it is a good device. Realistically users have outgrown apple iphone they just like to stick to what works remember blackberry they had loyal following until the users matured with more functional device apple iphone well now the youngest kid on the block android has hit the market with rather an excellent feature rich platform unfortunately it's not as solid as the iphone yet but I'm sure just like blackberry and apple it will finally reach a more stable and solid experience. At that point smartphones will be like cars they all function the same they all have the same basic features that are solid and work but what makes the difference is performance and niche features and brand. Apple has the brand part covered the Os reliability covered but now user experience has to be pushed to the next level far beyond any in order to be Apple. I love Apple products I still use my power Mac 7100 80/av its a great solid computer and it works but I also have a current Mac and new windows 7 laptop. No product is perfect all have flaws I just expect more from Apple products after all they changed the cellphone market completely just off one product the iphone. With that being said I expect the iphone to always be the best simple solid and innovative with both hardware and iOS user experience.
    Last edited by dj2big; 12-03-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    12-03-2011 05:16 AM
    Well, I know 10 people including myself, who are extremly satisfied with the 4S. So that's a 10 out 10, 100%. So I don't see why a 96 out of 100 users satisfied is an unrealistic number.
    12-03-2011 11:29 AM
    First of all the high percentage of satisfied customers is just unbelievable. They must have gotten a survey from customers who happen to be apple employees or affiliates. A real survey would ask questions pertaining to missing features that all smartphones have or hardware flaws like a 64 gig only having 52 gig of real memory. I would like to see a survey of business power users coming from blackberry I would also include users from android webOS and windows. I'm positive the satisfaction survey would tilt the other direction. In fairness to apple it is a good device. Realistically users have outgrown apple iphone they just like to stick to what works remember blackberry they had loyal following until the users matured with more functional device apple iphone well now the youngest kid on the block android has hit the market with rather an excellent feature rich platform unfortunately it's not as solid as the iphone yet but I'm sure just like blackberry and apple it will finally reach a more stable and solid experience. At that point smartphones will be like cars they all function the same they all have the same basic features that are solid and work but what makes the difference is performance and niche features and brand. Apple has the brand part covered the Os reliability covered but now user experience has to be pushed to the next level far beyond any in order to be Apple. I love Apple products I still use my power Mac 7100 80/av its a great solid computer and it works but I also have a current Mac and new windows 7 laptop. No product is perfect all have flaws I just expect more from Apple products after all they changed the cellphone market completely just off one product the iphone. With that being said I expect the iphone to always be the best simple solid and innovative with both hardware and iOS user experience.
    Since when does blackberry have a stable and solid experience ? This statement right here negates any other valid points you may or may not have here, and bb users are leaving because RIM has no idea how or why or when to try and catch up with technology.... Still using the same basic OS since 1999, users are leaving cuz they are sick and tired of memory leaks, battery pulls, truncated emails and that's just the tip of the iceberg there

Well, I know 10 people including myself, who are extremly satisfied with the 4S. So that's a 10 out 10, 100%. So I don't see why a 96 out of 100 users satisfied is an unrealistic number.
    Exactly pilsbury, I know plenty of people with a 4S as well who are just as satisfied ... Not to mention everyone else I know who wants to get one lol
    12-03-2011 11:49 AM
    At one point Blackberry was considered stable. Blackberry email is far more superior than any including iphone or android to bad there OS is old and could not keep up with today's technology.
    12-03-2011 12:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD