Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try amazon for backs as well price is better used them with no issue also most of the time you can get the screw driver with the purchase make sure it's the correct one ( Phillips or star t6 aka pentalope) if not you can get one for like 2 bucks .. Also good repair videos I have used at www.zeetron.com

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Try amazon for backs as well price is better used them with no issue also most of the time you can get the screw driver with the purchase make sure it's the correct one ( Phillips or star t6 aka pentalope) if not you can get one for like 2 bucks .. Also good repair videos I have used at Buy Apple iPhone 3G 3Gs Glass Digitizer Screen | Buy Apple iPhone 3G 3Gs LCD | Apple iPhone Repair Service | Buy Zeetron Do It Yourself Kits | Exculsive iPhone 4 Color Swap / Conversion

Problem is, though, that I'd want an OEM back panel for my phone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Problem is, though, that I'd want an OEM back panel for my phone.

Apple does not sell Parts so no If you break the one that came with your phone .. Then no matter where you buy a back plate it will not be oem .. If a seller claims its OEM then they are full of it and lying ..
That why if you take your phone with broken back to apple they replace the whole phone not do the repair.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Apple does not sell Parts so no If you break the one that came with your phone .. Then no matter where you buy a back plate it will not be oem .. If a seller claims its OEM then they are full of it and lying ..
That why if you take your phone with broken back to apple they replace the whole phone not do the repair.

That's the beauty of AppleCare+. Shatter the phone: brand new 4S for $49.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Due to recent endevors involving broken phones, I am now wearing an otterbox defender on my 4S.

Werent you one to bare it all?? Please do tell. What happened? I like the defender but commuter is plenty of protection. At least I hope so. Today I'm sporting yet another CandyShell. White/red.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Due to recent endevors involving broken phones, I am now wearing an otterbox defender on my 4S.

:eek: UUUUHH-OH !! :eek: what happened ????? :(

i <3 OB defender cases btw. it my most fave choice to dress my baby up in. I just order 2 more colors so i can swap around the plastic inner shell with different colored rubber over lays:) I cant wait to get them !!

Werent you one to bare it all?? Please do tell. What happened? I like the defender but commuter is plenty of protection. At least I hope so. Today I'm sporting yet another CandyShell. White/red.

I decided to be totally daring and put my OB defender to the side for today and rock my raspberry truffle/white speck candy shell:D Plus it matches my hot pink running suit i'm wearing and my coach patent leather tech wristlet in hot pink too:eek:

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

My 4S slipped from my pocket the other day, and landed on the concrete back panel first. It completely and utterly shattered the back panel, then cracked the front glass. I have AppleCare+, so I had it replaced quickly. I picked up an OtterBox Defender for times when I'm rock climbing or being crazy/drinking. I still absolutely hate the feel of a case on such a beautiful device. I also have another case that is pretty light. It's called the Predator Zero. It's probably the most visually appealing case I've ever seen. (It's built of carbon fiber, poly-carbonate, and leather). Not sure how much the Predator would protect from a fall, though.

All in all, however, I am still a no case advocate. You simply can't beat the feel of steel and glass in hand over plastic/silicone.

Ion Predator Zero Carbon Fiber iPhone 4 / 4S Case | Carbon Fiber Gear

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Scary story. I would LOVE for my phone to go bare. I just can't do it. I paid for 64g even upgrade price is more than I wanna pay again. Let alone if I'm out of contract and something happens. You only get so many replacements with Apple Care right? If they had unlimited repair replacements then maybe I'd consider. Lol. I do however, when home take my phone outbof case for a lil :eek:
So were you able to get a new phone same day?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
:eek: UUUUHH-OH !! :eek: what happened ????? :(

i <3 OB defender cases btw. it my most fave choice to dress my baby up in. I just order 2 more colors so i can swap around the plastic inner shell with different colored rubber over lays:) I cant wait to get them !!

Do you have a closet for all your cases? LOL

I decided to be totally daring and put my OB defender to the side for today and rock my raspberry truffle/white speck candy shell:D Plus it matches my hot pink running suit i'm wearing and my coach patent leather tech wristlet in hot pink too:eek:
I think it is great how you change cases. I am addicted to cases as well. I only have 4, but I like to switch them out on occasion. I have the Otterbox Commuter, Otterbox Defender, Apple bumper and CandyShell Satin. I just ordered the new CandyShell Grip. It looks really nice.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it is great how you change cases. I am addicted to cases as well. I only have 4, but I like to switch them out on occasion. I have the Otterbox Commuter, Otterbox Defender, Apple bumper and CandyShell Satin. I just ordered the new CandyShell Grip. It looks really nice.

LMAO !! I'm going to def need a closet for all of my cases now:eek: I have 4 OB defenders 1 candy shell, and 2 silicone cases -- plus I ordered 4 more cs's Saturday, and then this morn I ordered a cs flip to try it out as well because I do want to get a docking station like iHome also. If I like it I may return one of the cs's that I just ordered Saturday.

I love my cases and will always keep one on my 4S because I don't want to worry about a drop if it happens:)

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
LMAO !! I'm going to def need a closet for all of my cases now:eek: I have 4 OB defenders 1 candy shell, and 2 silicone cases -- plus I ordered 4 more cs's Saturday, and then this morn I ordered a cs flip to try it out as well because I do want to get a docking station like iHome also. If I like it I may return one of the cs's that I just ordered Saturday.

I love my cases and will always keep one on my 4S because I don't want to worry about a drop if it happens:)

im so glad to see im not the only one addicted to cases, lol. my kids think I'm nuts because I'm always looking to buy a new case for my 4s. i have 5 cases for my phone - i switch between 2 of them the most - still haven't fount that "perfect" case that i never want to take off. i love the fact the otter box protects it so well, but I'm not crazy about the added bulk. i have also have two reflex ob, and i don't like the way i feel a "jiggle" in the case. today I'm going to order a candy speck .. I'm just trying to decide which color to get!! oh, and while I'm at it.. think ill pick up a couple new defenders today -

OTTERBOX WEBSITE HAS A SPECIAL TILL JAN 3RD... BUY ONE GET ONE HALF PRICE. :)
happy new year!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
im so glad to see im not the only one addicted to cases, lol. my kids think I'm nuts because I'm always looking to buy a new case for my 4s. i have 5 cases for my phone - i switch between 2 of them the most - still haven't fount that "perfect" case that i never want to take off. i love the fact the otter box protects it so well, but I'm not crazy about the added bulk. i have also have two reflex ob, and i don't like the way i feel a "jiggle" in the case. today I'm going to order a candy speck .. I'm just trying to decide which color to get!! oh, and while I'm at it.. think ill pick up a couple new defenders today -

OTTERBOX WEBSITE HAS A SPECIAL TILL JAN 3RD... BUY ONE GET ONE HALF PRICE. :)
happy new year!!

LOL!! My hubby and kids gave up trying to figure me out in that department lmao !!

I did find the "right" case(s). The OB defenders and speck cs's, now the hard part is deciding which one to use on a daily basis:p oh, and there are sooooo many nice colors for the cs's it so hard to decide !!

I also did see that on the OB site, but before you order check to see if amazon has the colors you want--they may be cheaper !! its where I get all my defenders from:) and speck cs's too if they have the color I want as well. In fact the cs flip in white/pink I just ordered this morn was $22 plus $2.99 s/h on amazon, on speck website it's $34 w/out s/h incld.

Reactions: jobosumm

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL!! My hubby and kids gave up trying to figure me out in that department lmao !!

I did find the "right" case(s). The OB defenders and speck cs's, now the hard part is deciding which one to use on a daily basis:p oh, and there are sooooo many nice colors for the cs's it so hard to decide !!

I also did see that on the OB site, but before you order check to see if amazon has the colors you want--they may be cheaper !! its where I get all my defenders from:) and speck cs's too if they have the color I want as well. In fact the cs flip in white/pink I just ordered this morn was $22 plus $2.99 s/h on amazon, on speck website it's $34 w/out s/h incld.

on amazon.com now.... the cs cases are cheaper.. and i guess i have to order 2 because i can't decide on a color :) i havn't tried the cs yet, so I'm excited.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
on amazon.com now.... the cs cases are cheaper.. and i guess i have to order 2 because i can't decide on a color :) i havn't tried the cs yet, so I'm excited.

:) good for you Jo !! There are so many nice colors and they do look really nice on the iPhone. Only thing is that they are a bit of a pain in the arse to put on and off.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner