Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice indeed. I personally would prefer the phone without a case because that in itself I think it's a great looking phone:) it's a darn shame to have to cover up indeed !!

As for the LP case, yea, I don't know if I'm totally feel in it TBH.

Jessica carries hers without a case and I'm jealous, but I have a tendacy of dropping my phone, especially getting out of the car and in my cube at work.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Jessica carries hers without a case and I'm jealous, but I have a tendacy of dropping my phone, especially getting out of the car and in my cube at work.

Oh yea, I'd be jealous too lol. I could never carry mine without a case just for having the fear of accidentally dropping it !!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL !! now wouldn't that be just be the perfect protection:D

I just put a life proof case on my iPhone that I picked up at BestBuy earlier this evening, and honestly, I know how well it'll protect my iPhone, but I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the cover overall:eek:

You do need a little added tap when choosing something on the touch screen to get it to respond & honestly I know it's minor, but it is bugging me a little bit. Especially if I don't tap hard enough the first time and it takes a couple tries.

It's caused by air being trapped beneath the screen protector. If you leave your phone in there, the gap will become non-existent over time.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Good to know about the life proof... I was thinking about getting one. But instead went for the commuter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL !! now wouldn't that be just be the perfect protection:D

I just put a life proof case on my iPhone that I picked up at BestBuy earlier this evening, and honestly, I know how well it'll protect my iPhone, but I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the cover overall:eek:

You do need a little added tap when choosing something on the touch screen to get it to respond & honestly I know it's minor, but it is bugging me a little bit. Especially if I don't tap hard enough the first time and it takes a couple tries.

WOW! So you did it!?! What color did you get? I don't think I would want ALL that protection for my iphone. LOL I am pretty careful but I have to admit I have looked at the videos over and over and over again and go back and forth about putting one on my phone. I know what you mean about the tap response. That happened with me with the clear case I had just bought through ATT but returned it. Bummer cuz I loved the case but I did not like that I had to attempt to tap more than once or twice every time. I was a hard plastice that had a front complete cover. My daughter has the OB defender that comes with the cover too and she has no problem at all. I'll be curious to know if the tap gets better on yours. Keep us updated. I paid for the 64G iphone so I kinda feel like I should have it in full protection should something crazy happen...like "hot chocolate" :eek:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Good to know about the life proof... I was thinking about getting one. But instead went for the commuter.

How are you liking the commuter? Do you have one with white rubber? I noticed mine getting yellowish tinge but it was only noticable if I took it apart. The white that wasn't exposed showed against the yellow that did show. Disappointed that OB wouldn't sell these seperate so I could try other colors. Seems a waste to buy the whole thing if not needed.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
horrible story that a friend just told me...

he keeps his iphone resting ontop of his car charger in his car. However on this particular day he was driving with his pregnant wife who was craving a hot chocolate. So instead of waiting for the drink to cool, she decided it would be much quicker to open the lid and let it "air" out...however in her attempt to open the lid while the cup in the cup holder...she knocked over the iphone and it landed directly in the HOT cup of hot chocolate. My friend was still in the coffee shop waiting for his drink....and when he came back his soaking wet iphone was on his seat...and his wife was attending to the little drips of hotchocolate that landed on her purse.

Its a good thing he loves her :)

OMG I would of passed out or at least faked it when he came back!!! I can not even imagine this happening to me. :eek:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

WOW! So you did it!?! What color did you get? I don't think I would want ALL that protection for my iphone. LOL I am pretty careful but I have to admit I have looked at the videos over and over and over again and go back and forth about putting one on my phone. I know what you mean about the tap response. That happened with me with the clear case I had just bought through ATT but returned it. Bummer cuz I loved the case but I did not like that I had to attempt to tap more than once or twice every time. I was a hard plastice that had a front complete cover. My daughter has the OB defender that comes with the cover too and she has no problem at all. I'll be curious to know if the tap gets better on yours. Keep us updated. I paid for the 64G iphone so I kinda feel like I should have it in full protection should something crazy happen...like "hot chocolate" :eek:

i did XD i got the white and it has grey trimming around it which doesnt look bad at all, i'd prefer it to be purely white or maybe instead of grey and nice hot pink trim:D lol.

The sound is muffled when using the case, and yes, the extra tap was driving me nuts. I did take the case off last night before turning in. I saw posts from Alli and Phreddyl with a couple of suggestions, so i'm going to give the case another try today:) IF after trying it out again today that i'm still finicky about it, its going back. I know, with as much money we pay for our phones (i only got the 16g, wishing i went for 32g at least--next time around i will) it should have the best/most protection we could offer it to protect the investment. BUT, i'm a silicone case type of girl and like carrying it in a pouch for added 'fashion' if i may say it that way. This is where the MK wallet wristlet comes in, Candy, that you told us about. I put that on my Xmas list:) I've also ordered an Incipio bombproof silicone case from Amazon (heartbreaker color) that should be here Friday.

SOOO, trying out the LifeProof again today, and i will let you know how it ended up:)

oh, also, i really do like the commuter cases as well, but what just bugged me was the open circle in the back to show the apple logo....i'd be concerned about dust gathering in there over time and scratching up the back:eek:

It's caused by air being trapped beneath the screen protector. If you leave your phone in there, the gap will become non-existent over time.

thx circlez, i'm going to try the method Alli suggested to try to press out the extra air from the case when i re-install it today:)

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Never heard of their bombproof. I will have to look into that one. But as for the apple logo opening, I have a front and back protector on my phone. Just a generic but hopefully that will do the trick. This black CandyShell shows the scuffs and scratches way more than I wan to see. Lol. May have to go back to my commuter for a lil. Ugh. Really is there such thing as a "perfect" case? :-/

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Never heard of their bombproof. I will have to look into that one. But as for the apple logo opening, I have a front and back protector on my phone. Just a generic but hopefully that will do the trick. This black CandyShell shows the scuffs and scratches way more than I wan to see. Lol. May have to go back to my commuter for a lil. Ugh. Really is there such thing as a "perfect" case? :-/

Don't be afraid. Go naked.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

ok, first, heres the link to the incipio bombproof case
Incipio iPhone 4 4S BOMBPROOF Silicone Case, iPhone 4 Cases, iPhone 4S Cases, iPhone 4 Hard Cases, iPhone 4S Soft Cases, iPhone 4 Carrying Cases, iPhone 4S Protective Cases

next, the commuter--ok, great idea put a protector on the back as well. I do have one on my front screen but not on the back of my phone because its ALWAYS covered.;) If i do get a commuter case, i will keep that in mind. thx for the tip Hunoosh:)

as for the "perfect case" no.....i dont think there really is ever such a thing lol.

Reactions: hunoosh

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
How are you liking the commuter? Do you have one with white rubber? I noticed mine getting yellowish tinge but it was only noticable if I took it apart. The white that wasn't exposed showed against the yellow that did show. Disappointed that OB wouldn't sell these seperate so I could try other colors. Seems a waste to buy the whole thing if not needed.

I did get the pink and white combo, however I also got the teal combo as my fiance was tired of me complaining of the white silicome getting dirty. The teal silicone plus the pink outter shell is super adorable and I just LOVE it... plus it works perfectly with my MK iphone wristlet...

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I have the white rubber with purple hard cover. The white rubber gets do dirty. I want to get another one that's not white. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

d-clem

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
smashed the back of my new 4s about two weeks ago! hadn't even had it a month! now it stays in a speck candy shell case anytime I'm not at home!

9d0391ab.jpg

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
smashed the back of my new 4s about two weeks ago! hadn't even had it a month! now it stays in a speck candy shell case anytime I'm not at home!

Click to view quoted image

Good for you that it's functioning and it was only the back! IF you look up parts for the iphones they have back plates and from all I've been seeing the back piece is a breeze to put on! Good luck and that photo of yours painful looking that it is! That's the reason I insist on NOT going naked! You just NEVER know. I paid for a 64G ip4S so I will NOT be leaving it without a case. Until I become rich someday and have to worries about dishing out $600 or 700 !

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I did get the pink and white combo, however I also got the teal combo as my fiance was tired of me complaining of the white silicome getting dirty. The teal silicone plus the pink outter shell is super adorable and I just LOVE it... plus it works perfectly with my MK iphone wristlet...

Funny I have been seriously looking to do that myself as well. But everytime I look online the teal looks so dark. I like the combonation of colors. Wish they'd just go and make bunch of colors to cross them!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Good for you that it's functioning and it was only the back! IF you look up parts for the iphones they have back plates and from all I've been seeing the back piece is a breeze to put on! Good luck and that photo of yours painful looking that it is! That's the reason I insist on NOT going naked! You just NEVER know. I paid for a 64G ip4S so I will NOT be leaving it without a case. Until I become rich someday and have to worries about dishing out $600 or 700 !

:eek: omg !! sorry to see that---that suuuuucks d-clem :( that is the reason i will never have my phone go without a cover.

AS Hunoosh pointed out, the day i have bank and replacing a $700 phone is chump change, THEN maybe i'll consider no cover on my iphone. Until then....this baby stays covered up;)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Oh nooooo! :(

Well, like Hunoosh said at least it's the's back and it's still functioning and fairly easy to replace.

My husband has recently decided to ditch his specks and otterboxes in favor of going naked. I really hope I won't be posting pics of his dropped 4S soon... :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73