Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
After reading this thread, I went out and got the Otterbox Defender Case.

No kidding! I threw my Commuter on my 4S yesterday. I don't care for it too much because the white rubber gets really dirty and the earphone plug is too thick for me to plug into my car adapter, but I really like having the extra protection.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
About a week after I got it, my phone woke me up ringing one day. I reached for it, not realising my hand was completely asleep and incapable of doing anything. I managed to get my iPhone about 8 inches off the night stand before it just slid out of my hand, right into a glass of water. Out of pure reaction, I smashed the glass of water with my dead hand. Luckily, the phone wasn't big enough to slide all the way down the glass and into the water and avoided any damage at all. Unfortunately, I had to get 12 stitches in the hand that woke up shortly after the incident. Needless to say, my hand was pretty pissed off at me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
About a week after I got it, my phone woke me up ringing one day. I reached for it, not realising my hand was completely asleep and incapable of doing anything. I managed to get my iPhone about 8 inches off the night stand before it just slid out of my hand, right into a glass of water. Out of pure reaction, I smashed the glass of water with my dead hand. Luckily, the phone wasn't big enough to slide all the way down the glass and into the water and avoided any damage at all. Unfortunately, I had to get 12 stitches in the hand that woke up shortly after the incident. Needless to say, my hand was pretty pissed off at me.

:eek::eek:OMG !! well, hope your hand is doing ok. and yeah, i'd be pissed off at you too:p lol

isn't it amazing what we do to protect our technology? buy $80 cases, get 12 stitches in our hand....ya know

(but all kidding aside, i really hope your hand is ok:))

Reactions: sofryj

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

this almost happened to me...with my bb though...only bottles of water on my nightstand from now on...

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
this almost happened to me...with my bb though...only bottles of water on my nightstand from now on...

Funny you mention that.....I now also only use bottles, or similar contraptions. My wife even gave me a sippy cup as a joke.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

That's got to be one of the best stories I've ever heard. Thank God the phone is okay. ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mention that.....I now also only use bottles, or similar contraptions. My wife even gave me a sippy cup as a joke.

:plmao !!

well, glad to hear both, you and Candy, are using water bottles...or errr...sippy cups:p:) ;)

I also keep a water bottle on my end table at night.....my fear is forgetting to close the cap all the way properly and tipping it over :eek: i keep both my iphone AND my ipad on my end table....so that would be a bad outcome :eek::eek:
i couldnt care about my alarm clock tho:p LOL

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
lol i have a water bottle with a straw that doesn't require the cap to come off for a sip, my fear with the bottle is having the bottle tip over and the water spill on my devices.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
horrible story that a friend just told me...

he keeps his iphone resting ontop of his car charger in his car. However on this particular day he was driving with his pregnant wife who was craving a hot chocolate. So instead of waiting for the drink to cool, she decided it would be much quicker to open the lid and let it "air" out...however in her attempt to open the lid while the cup in the cup holder...she knocked over the iphone and it landed directly in the HOT cup of hot chocolate. My friend was still in the coffee shop waiting for his drink....and when he came back his soaking wet iphone was on his seat...and his wife was attending to the little drips of hotchocolate that landed on her purse.

Its a good thing he loves her :)

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Easy solution to all of the problems:

A) separate expensive electronics from: toilets, sinks, bath tubs, water bottles, glasses of water, shattered glasses of water, showers, beaches, and pools.

B) Lifeproof case

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
horrible story that a friend just told me...

he keeps his iphone resting ontop of his car charger in his car. However on this particular day he was driving with his pregnant wife who was craving a hot chocolate. So instead of waiting for the drink to cool, she decided it would be much quicker to open the lid and let it "air" out...however in her attempt to open the lid while the cup in the cup holder...she knocked over the iphone and it landed directly in the HOT cup of hot chocolate. My friend was still in the coffee shop waiting for his drink....and when he came back his soaking wet iphone was on his seat...and his wife was attending to the little drips of hotchocolate that landed on her purse.

Its a good thing he loves her :)

:eek:

well, at least that iphone had a tasty hot chocolate to warm up with:p LOL

(seriously tho, i think i'd have heart failure if that happened to me !! lol)

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
lmao! I know right?!? And then we torture ourselves for the never ending hunt to find "thee perfect" case for our electronic babies :)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Hopefully Apple will install inner airbags in the next iPhone to prevent fluid damage and drop breakage like they patented....

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Apple will install inner airbags in the next iPhone to prevent fluid damage and drop breakage like they patented....

LOL !! now wouldn't that be just be the perfect protection:D

I just put a life proof case on my iPhone that I picked up at BestBuy earlier this evening, and honestly, I know how well it'll protect my iPhone, but I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the cover overall:eek:

You do need a little added tap when choosing something on the touch screen to get it to respond & honestly I know it's minor, but it is bugging me a little bit. Especially if I don't tap hard enough the first time and it takes a couple tries.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL !! now wouldn't that be just be the perfect protection:D

I just put a life proof case on my iPhone that I picked up at BestBuy earlier this evening, and honestly, I know how well it'll protect my iPhone, but I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the cover overall:eek:

You do need a little added tap when choosing something on the touch screen to get it to respond & honestly I know it's minor, but it is bugging me a little bit. Especially if I don't tap hard enough the first time and it takes a couple tries.

I have a dream, that one day Apple will develop an iPhone that's strong enough to deal with drops, to which we don't have to worry about breakage and spend money on ugly cases......

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a dream, that one day Apple will develop an iPhone that's strong enough to deal with drops, to which we don't have to worry about breakage and spend money on ugly cases......

That would be nice indeed. I personally would prefer the phone without a case because that in itself I think it's a great looking phone:) it's a darn shame to have to cover up indeed !!

As for the LP case, yea, I don't know if I'm totally feel in it TBH.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73