Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Will definitely look into this for upcoming holiday trips. Would love to have an extra battery to keep me from going insane inside a long plane ride

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Been thinking about one as well. I find it kind of hard to justify the price tag though. I also don't like the added bulk of most cases.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Just drop my phone 4S to day at work. I was working on a customer car and I drop it when me and the car was 20' in the air. Lucky I just bought a new Mophie power juice pack plus couple days ago and that have save the phone. Everything still working on it.

20 feet in the air? Must be one heck of a lift!

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was cleaning my phone at work and the mail came in, so I was sorting it, the mail was on top of my phone. So I collected everything and I guess as I was sliding it to grab it, my phone fell on my brick floor. Minor damage something chipped, small tiny piece.

I was getting out of my car, and I guess my hands were slippery (again phone was naked). So my phone slipped out of my hands, but no damage was done. Although it fell on concrete? Oh another tiny chip off the corner of the phone, surprised my screen didn't crack.

I was at Disneyland and I was on "The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness", (Big Thunder Mountain Railroad). I put my phone inside my GF's purse. She had something sharp inside there and it scratched my screen, Deep Scratch, probably 5-10 CM's long. So I freaked and out thank goodness I had a screen protector on.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I was cleaning my phone at work and the mail came in, so I was sorting it, the mail was on top of my phone. So I collected everything and I guess as I was sliding it to grab it, my phone fell on my brick floor. Minor damage something chipped, small tiny piece.

I was getting out of my car, and I guess my hands were slippery (again phone was naked). So my phone slipped out of my hands, but no damage was done. Although it fell on concrete? Oh another tiny chip off the corner of the phone, surprised my screen didn't crack.

I was at Disneyland and I was on "The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness", (Big Thunder Mountain Railroad). I put my phone inside my GF's purse. She had something sharp inside there and it scratched my screen, Deep Scratch, probably 5-10 CM's long. So I freaked and out thank goodness I had a screen protector on.

All the same device? You are lucky. Haha

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Dropped mine only once, on the carpet. I always have a case on it, this time my Seidio Active X, so it was unscathed.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I shattered my iPhone 4 the day before I got my 4S. I was lucky, in a sense that I didn't have to use a shattered phone for too long. Normally I prefer to go naked. Since I bought Apple Care+ I'm much more relaxed about it though. Naked 100% of the time now, save for that one time I was drinking. Haha.

AppleCare plus covers damage? I heard it does not.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes apple care plus covers damage with a $50 deductible. Regular AppleCare doesn't cover damage.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Yes covers damage. What AppleCare(+) does NOT cover is lost or stolen iPhones :)

If your able to get total equip coverage with your carrier, it should cover this. I have VzW and I get their TEC plus I have purchase AC+ for my iPhone.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes covers damage. What AppleCare(+) does NOT cover is lost or stolen iPhones :)

If your able to get total equip coverage with your carrier, it should cover this. I have VzW and I get their TEC plus I have purchase AC+ for my iPhone.

AT&T didn't even attempt to sell me their insurance. They simply asked if I wanted Apple Care+. I hate dealing with AT&T customer service, so I wouldn't have gone through them anyway. Apple is way better to work with.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
AT&T didn't even attempt to sell me their insurance. They simply asked if I wanted Apple Care+. I hate dealing with AT&T customer service, so I wouldn't have gone through them anyway. Apple is way better to work with.

:)ok, np. I just wanted to LYK that the apple care won't cover a lost or stolen phone if this was to happen. I know some people don't know this, me being one of them, when I was on the phone last week purchasing my AC+. The rep was very good, she made sure to point out that these 2 were not covered under the policy. And that was my only reason to have Verizons put their TEC coverage on my acct, was to get the lost/stolen coverage IF I would ever need it.

Appletitude

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally dropped my 4s while answering a text at work. Went right into a tub of water. Thankfully, I respect electronics enough to have purchased a Lifeproof case before the event. Love that case! Works like a charm, was waterproof enough that day I'll tell you! :D

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally dropped my 4s while answering a text at work. Went right into a tub of water. Thankfully, I respect electronics enough to have purchased a Lifeproof case before the event. Love that case! Works like a charm, was waterproof enough that day I'll tell you! :D

I thought about a Lifeproof, but I still prefer naked to anything.