Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, I was playing Amazing Breaker at work, was semi-frustrated, and quickly put my 4S down on a notepad by the machine I run. I thought it would stop like it has the previous 1000 times I've done it, but I watched it slide off the tablet and fall about 42" to the concrete floor. I was not happy. Picked it up, not a scratch. Thank you Seidio.:D

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've owned every iPhone since the original, and the only one that I've ever shattered was my iPhone 4, luckly right before the 4S came out.

nfc198

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4s Back Glass Only $29 to Repair

If you shatter the back of your phone, it is only $29 dollars to have it repaired by Apple. You can send it in or take it to your local Apple store. If you shatter the front it is $199 to repair. In those situations they usually just give you a refurbished phone. Of course if you have Applecare+ then it is only $49 to get a replacement. Since all of these figures are reasonable to me, I have decided to go naked! And I'm lovin every minute of it!!!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh nooooo! :(

Well, like Hunoosh said at least it's the's back and it's still functioning and fairly easy to replace.

My husband has recently decided to ditch his specks and otterboxes in favor of going naked. I really hope I won't be posting pics of his dropped 4S soon... :eek:

OMG. I hate to be one THOSE people who said I TOLD YOU SO but...my husband just called to tell me that his phone slipped out of his hands and shattered the back. At least it was the back and the phone works. Wow, didn't I just say this???

Will be posting pics soon. :mad:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If you shatter the back of your phone, it is only $29 dollars to have it repaired by Apple. You can send it in or take it to your local Apple store. If you shatter the front it is $199 to repair. In those situations they usually just give you a refurbished phone. Of course if you have Applecare+ then it is only $49 to get a replacement. Since all of these figures are reasonable to me, I have decided to go naked! And I'm lovin every minute of it!!!

So hubby just called me and said that he just dropped his phone and the back shattered. I just tried calling the Apple Store but it was so close to closing time that the automated system wouldn't connect me to a live person. :( Do you know if we just make an appt with the genius bar and they can do it on the spot?

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So hubby just called me and said that he just dropped his phone and the back shattered. I just tried calling the Apple Store but it was so close to closing time that the automated system wouldn't connect me to a live person. :( Do you know if we just make an appt with the genius bar and they can do it on the spot?

I'm gonna just go out on a limb and say a genius appointment would be the smoothest experience, but I also highly doubt they are going to turn you away if you don't have an appointment.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna just go out on a limb and say a genius appointment would be the smoothest experience, but I also highly doubt they are going to turn you away if you don't have an appointment.

Oh yeah, we would definitely make a genius appointment :)

Just wondering if they do it right there or if we have to leave the phone with them.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG. I hate to be one THOSE people who said I TOLD YOU SO but...my husband just called to tell me that his phone slipped out of his hands and shattered the back. At least it was the back and the phone works. Wow, didn't I just say this???

Will be posting pics soon. :mad:

And here is his cracked screen :(

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
:eek: oooooh nooooo!!!! And you did just post the other day worried about this:(

Have it fixed at the GB and now make SURE the hubby keeps some sort of cover on it from now on;)

Ugh, I know! I told him repeatedly to put a case back on! Oh well.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Apple and they told me that they don't replace screens and it would cost $199 to swap out the phone or we could pay $99 for Apple Care+ for the phone and pay $49 to swap it out and save $50. Didn't expect to have to get him a whole new phone entirely. We have insurance through AT&T as well so I guess that would be another option but I think you have to send your phone away for that.

Does anyone know the differences between the AT&T insurance and Apple Care+? If they cover the same thing I'd much rather go with the Apple Care+ and not have to deal with AT&T. Also, AT&T insurance is $10 per month while Apple Care+ is $99 for three years.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
AppleCare does not cover total loss. AT&T does. It's easier to get a new phone with AppleCare but if you lose your phone, it can't help you.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
AppleCare does not cover total loss. AT&T does. It's easier to get a new phone with AppleCare but if you lose your phone, it can't help you.

Ahhh, OK. Thanks.

Does anyone have both? Or is that overkill?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just have AppleCare, I know some people do both. It just comes down to your needs.

Hypothetically, if you need to replace a lost phone, AppleCare is 100, plus let's say $700 to cover a replacement phone. That's $800. AppleCare plus the AT&T insurance (which is about $7 a month) for two years is 268 ( insurance comes out to ~$168) plus a ~$150 deductible, which comes out to ~$420 for a replacement, and is less money up front.

So in the end, it comes down to what you can do. If you can afford to pay outright for a replacement as needed, then don't get the insurance. If not, the $7-10 a month may be better.

Reactions: LVMHgirl

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just have AppleCare, I know some people do both. It just comes down to your needs.

Hypothetically, if you need to replace a lost phone, AppleCare is 100, plus let's say $700 to cover a replacement phone. That's $800. AppleCare plus the AT&T insurance (which is about $7 a month) for two years is 268 ( insurance comes out to ~$168) plus a ~$150 deductible, which comes out to ~$420 for a replacement, and is less money up front.

So in the end, it comes down to what you can do. If you can afford to pay outright for a replacement as needed, then don't get the insurance. If not, the $7-10 a month may be better.

Thank you! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2