I shattered my iPhone 4 the day before I got my 4S. I was lucky, in a sense that I didn't have to use a shattered phone for too long. Normally I prefer to go naked. Since I bought Apple Care+ I'm much more relaxed about it though. Naked 100% of the time now, save for that one time I was drinking. Haha.
    AppleCare plus covers damage? I heard it does not.
    12-04-2011 08:25 AM
    AppleCare plus covers damage? I heard it does not.
    Yes apple care plus covers damage with a $50 deductible. Regular AppleCare doesn't cover damage.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-04-2011 08:31 AM
    Yes apple care plus covers damage with a $50 deductible. Regular AppleCare doesn't cover damage.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Yes covers damage. What AppleCare(+) does NOT cover is lost or stolen iPhones

If your able to get total equip coverage with your carrier, it should cover this. I have VzW and I get their TEC plus I have purchase AC+ for my iPhone.
    12-04-2011 08:49 AM
    Yes covers damage. What AppleCare(+) does NOT cover is lost or stolen iPhones

If your able to get total equip coverage with your carrier, it should cover this. I have VzW and I get their TEC plus I have purchase AC+ for my iPhone.
    AT&T didn't even attempt to sell me their insurance. They simply asked if I wanted Apple Care+. I hate dealing with AT&T customer service, so I wouldn't have gone through them anyway. Apple is way better to work with.
    12-04-2011 10:59 AM
    AT&T didn't even attempt to sell me their insurance. They simply asked if I wanted Apple Care+. I hate dealing with AT&T customer service, so I wouldn't have gone through them anyway. Apple is way better to work with.
    ok, np. I just wanted to LYK that the apple care won't cover a lost or stolen phone if this was to happen. I know some people don't know this, me being one of them, when I was on the phone last week purchasing my AC+. The rep was very good, she made sure to point out that these 2 were not covered under the policy. And that was my only reason to have Verizons put their TEC coverage on my acct, was to get the lost/stolen coverage IF I would ever need it.
    12-04-2011 11:28 AM
    I accidentally dropped my 4s while answering a text at work. Went right into a tub of water. Thankfully, I respect electronics enough to have purchased a Lifeproof case before the event. Love that case! Works like a charm, was waterproof enough that day I'll tell you!
    12-04-2011 03:49 PM
    I accidentally dropped my 4s while answering a text at work. Went right into a tub of water. Thankfully, I respect electronics enough to have purchased a Lifeproof case before the event. Love that case! Works like a charm, was waterproof enough that day I'll tell you!
    I thought about a Lifeproof, but I still prefer naked to anything.
    12-04-2011 04:01 PM
    Mine fell in the toliet
    12-04-2011 10:32 PM
    Mine fell in the toliet
    How did you pull that off?
    12-05-2011 03:59 AM
    How did you pull that off?
    Angry Birds perhaps?
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    12-05-2011 09:12 AM
    After reading this thread, I went out and got the Otterbox Defender Case.
    circlez likes this.
    12-06-2011 05:33 AM
    After reading this thread, I went out and got the Otterbox Defender Case.
    No kidding! I threw my Commuter on my 4S yesterday. I don't care for it too much because the white rubber gets really dirty and the earphone plug is too thick for me to plug into my car adapter, but I really like having the extra protection.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 07:57 AM
    About a week after I got it, my phone woke me up ringing one day. I reached for it, not realising my hand was completely asleep and incapable of doing anything. I managed to get my iPhone about 8 inches off the night stand before it just slid out of my hand, right into a glass of water. Out of pure reaction, I smashed the glass of water with my dead hand. Luckily, the phone wasn't big enough to slide all the way down the glass and into the water and avoided any damage at all. Unfortunately, I had to get 12 stitches in the hand that woke up shortly after the incident. Needless to say, my hand was pretty pissed off at me.
    12-06-2011 11:47 AM
    About a week after I got it, my phone woke me up ringing one day. I reached for it, not realising my hand was completely asleep and incapable of doing anything. I managed to get my iPhone about 8 inches off the night stand before it just slid out of my hand, right into a glass of water. Out of pure reaction, I smashed the glass of water with my dead hand. Luckily, the phone wasn't big enough to slide all the way down the glass and into the water and avoided any damage at all. Unfortunately, I had to get 12 stitches in the hand that woke up shortly after the incident. Needless to say, my hand was pretty pissed off at me.
    OMG !! well, hope your hand is doing ok. and yeah, i'd be pissed off at you too lol

isn't it amazing what we do to protect our technology? buy $80 cases, get 12 stitches in our hand....ya know

(but all kidding aside, i really hope your hand is ok)
    sofryj likes this.
    12-06-2011 11:58 AM
    this almost happened to me...with my bb though...only bottles of water on my nightstand from now on...
    sofryj likes this.
    12-06-2011 12:04 PM
    this almost happened to me...with my bb though...only bottles of water on my nightstand from now on...

Funny you mention that.....I now also only use bottles, or similar contraptions. My wife even gave me a sippy cup as a joke.
    ThePinkChameleon and hunoosh like this.
    12-06-2011 12:10 PM
    That's got to be one of the best stories I've ever heard. Thank God the phone is okay.
    12-06-2011 12:11 PM
    Funny you mention that.....I now also only use bottles, or similar contraptions. My wife even gave me a sippy cup as a joke.
    lmao !!

well, glad to hear both, you and Candy, are using water bottles...or errr...sippy cups

I also keep a water bottle on my end table at night.....my fear is forgetting to close the cap all the way properly and tipping it over i keep both my iphone AND my ipad on my end table....so that would be a bad outcome :o
    i couldnt care about my alarm clock tho LOL
    12-06-2011 12:18 PM
    lol i have a water bottle with a straw that doesn't require the cap to come off for a sip, my fear with the bottle is having the bottle tip over and the water spill on my devices.
    12-06-2011 12:19 PM
    horrible story that a friend just told me...

he keeps his iphone resting ontop of his car charger in his car. However on this particular day he was driving with his pregnant wife who was craving a hot chocolate. So instead of waiting for the drink to cool, she decided it would be much quicker to open the lid and let it "air" out...however in her attempt to open the lid while the cup in the cup holder...she knocked over the iphone and it landed directly in the HOT cup of hot chocolate. My friend was still in the coffee shop waiting for his drink....and when he came back his soaking wet iphone was on his seat...and his wife was attending to the little drips of hotchocolate that landed on her purse.

Its a good thing he loves her
    12-06-2011 12:26 PM
    Easy solution to all of the problems:

A) separate expensive electronics from: toilets, sinks, bath tubs, water bottles, glasses of water, shattered glasses of water, showers, beaches, and pools.

B) Lifeproof case
    12-06-2011 12:29 PM
    horrible story that a friend just told me...

he keeps his iphone resting ontop of his car charger in his car. However on this particular day he was driving with his pregnant wife who was craving a hot chocolate. So instead of waiting for the drink to cool, she decided it would be much quicker to open the lid and let it "air" out...however in her attempt to open the lid while the cup in the cup holder...she knocked over the iphone and it landed directly in the HOT cup of hot chocolate. My friend was still in the coffee shop waiting for his drink....and when he came back his soaking wet iphone was on his seat...and his wife was attending to the little drips of hotchocolate that landed on her purse.

Its a good thing he loves her

well, at least that iphone had a tasty hot chocolate to warm up with LOL

(seriously tho, i think i'd have heart failure if that happened to me !! lol)
    12-06-2011 01:03 PM

well, at least that iphone had a tasty hot chocolate to warm up with LOL

(seriously tho, i think i'd have heart failure if that happened to me !! lol)
    Me too! OMG. All these horror stories!!! Why do we even buy these phones?!
    hunoosh likes this.
    12-06-2011 01:32 PM
    forget the case. go NAKED people!
    paul-c likes this.
    12-06-2011 02:15 PM
    forget the case. go NAKED people!
    Quite agreed. Naked is the way to go.
    12-06-2011 02:40 PM
204 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD