Alright, let's hear the horrible drop stories!

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Had my first drop last night. I got the phone on launch day. I had been playing around all day with whether or not I should leave my case on or off, seeing as how I've never had a slip and drop the phone.

Thankfully, before I left for work I put the case back on. Around 9pm I went to step out of my truck and heard a *thump, thump, thump* as I exited. I looked down and saw the 4s lying face up on the ground. No damage to the phone, and I made a good call by leaving the case on.

But, in those few fractions of a second during the fall, I had feared the worst.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had my first drop last night. I got the phone on launch day. I had been playing around all day with whether or not I should leave my case on or off, seeing as how I've never had a slip and drop the phone.

Thankfully, before I left for work I put the case back on. Around 9pm I went to step out of my truck and heard a *thump, thump, thump* as I exited. I looked down and saw the 4s lying face up on the ground. No damage to the phone, and I made a good call by leaving the case on.

But, in those few fractions of a second during the fall, I had feared the worst.

What case did you have on it? I had a Predator Zero on mine. (Hell of an expensive case). I cracked the polycarbonate housing on it, so the phone doesn't stay in the case anymore.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Just drop my phone 4S to day at work. I was working on a customer car and I drop it when me and the car was 20' in the air. Lucky I just bought a new Mophie power juice pack plus couple days ago and that have save the phone. Everything still working on it.

Last edited:

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
how are you liking the pack...i heard some bad reviews on the apple site saying its nearly impossible to take off?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just drop my phone 4S to day at work. I was working on a customer car and I drop it when me and the car was 20' in the air. Lucky I just bought a new Mophie power juice pack plus couple days ago and that have save the phone. Everything still working on it.

how are you liking the pack...i heard some bad reviews on the apple site saying its nearly impossible to take off?
soooo....because i was completely clueless as to what a mophie was :eek: i had to google it.

Now, if i understand, its a cover that doubles as an additional battery as well? BUT how the heck does it extend the battery(life) if the original battery on the iPhone is completely sealed :confused:

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife was letting my 6 year old daughter talk to her grandmother on the way to school the other day and it was dropped during the exchange. It hit the plastic cup holder on the floor and shattered the screen.

My poor daughter picked it up and immediately started bawling when she saw it.

Oh, and there was a Zagg Invisible Shield on it as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
soooo....because i was completely clueless as to what a mophie was :eek: i had to google it.

Now, if i understand, its a cover that doubles as an additional battery as well? BUT how the heck does it extend the battery(life) if the original battery on the iPhone is completely sealed :confused:

It has a connector that plugs into the 30 pin charging port.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon
Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

It's like a case, the battery are at the bottom area on the case itself it has a plug built in the case, on the case it has the same charging plug that we get with the phone but it's built in the case. All you have to do is slide the iPhone in and slide the top case together. there is a switch on the bottom left corner to turn on and off to use the backup battery. When needed to be charge it use a USB plug type at the right bottom corner to charge the phone and the Mophie too. I likes it a lot. I surf the webs a lot and watch video music a lot too. I have no problem with it.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Will definitely look into this for upcoming holiday trips. Would love to have an extra battery to keep me from going insane inside a long plane ride

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife was letting my 6 year old daughter talk to her grandmother on the way to school the other day and it was dropped during the exchange. It hit the plastic cup holder on the floor and shattered the screen.

Sent from my iPhone

The invisible shield doesn't do much to protect against shattering. Only against scratches.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone

:( That is one scary picture!!! I would of cried....then causing the kid to cry lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It has a connector that plugs into the 30 pin charging port.

It's like a case, the battery are at the bottom area on the case itself it has a plug built in the case, on the case it has the same charging plug that we get with the phone but it's built in the case. All you have to do is slide the iPhone in and slide the top case together. there is a switch on the bottom left corner to turn on and off to use the backup battery. When needed to be charge it use a USB plug type at the right bottom corner to charge the phone and the Mophie too. I likes it a lot. I surf the webs a lot and watch video music a lot too. I have no problem with it.

:) thanks guys, now I understand ;) sounds like a nice addition to have for the iphone in case of a long trip or long work days etc.

I did watch the vid last night that they had on the site, but it didn't really show how it charges the battery. I did see the on/offswitch your taking about gookracing. It estimates about an additional 6hrs of time onto the regular battery. That's not too shabby !! :)

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
:) thanks guys, now I understand ;) sounds like a nice addition to have for the iphone in case of a long trip or long work days etc.

I did watch the vid last night that they had on the site, but it didn't really show how it charges the battery. I did see the on/offswitch your taking about gookracing. It estimates about an additional 6hrs of time onto the regular battery. That's not too shabby !! :)
I got 8hrs on my plus 6hrs from the iPhone. Yes I think that's really good. I'm on the phone a lot talking to customer, surf the web, music and video music too.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods