Might have a regret

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Email is lacking so much. I hate that I cant just do anything from withing the mail and hate that I have to open other app to do it. Maybe enough to sell the phone. I email alot in a days time. Apples way of doing email stinks its so backwards. Non productive

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Email is lacking so much. I hate that I cant just do anything from withing the mail and hate that I have to open other app to do it. Maybe enough to sell the phone. I email alot in a days time. Apples way of doing email stinks its so backwards. Non productive

Who is your email provider ? And how do you have it set up ?

I have no issues with gmail thru exchange or my iCloud email

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Who is your email provider ? And how do you have it set up ?

I have no issues with gmail thru exchange or my iCloud email

hes more then likely talking about the fact that you cant attach anything from within a email you have to use other apps to do it..

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
hes more then likely talking about the fact that you cant attach anything from within a email you have to use other apps to do it..

That is a valid point. It is kinda aggravating that you can't add attachments in the Mail app itself. This should've been mandatory.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That is a valid point. It is kinda aggravating that you can't add attachments in the Mail app itself. This should've been mandatory.

Yup. For me, almost everything is perfect about the phone except for the email capabilities and notifications. But again, nothing is ever perfect, so I guess it's perfect enough for now. ;)

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah email support is pretty important for me. And the fact that my gmail integration is lowly annoys me. How hard is it to properly push email to a phone?? This thing is supposed to be way better than a Blackberry but you can't push emails to the phone consistently? Argh

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah email support is pretty important for me. And the fact that my gmail integration is lowly annoys me. How hard is it to properly push email to a phone?? This thing is supposed to be way better than a Blackberry but you can't push emails to the phone consistently? Argh

Set it up thru exchange .. Much better

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yup. For me, almost everything is perfect about the phone except for the email capabilities and notifications. But again, nothing is ever perfect, so I guess it's perfect enough for now. ;)

I'll take some hindrance on how you can attach things over truncated emails any day !!!

skulkingghost

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am still shocked that when I compose an email on my iPhone, I can't attach a picture. I thought that by now we would have a "photo" button similar to the messaging application.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can this be done if we get jailbreak? This is one of the things I miss most coming from blackberry.

Yes once you jailbreak you can get an app that lets you Attach files from an email.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Since its so "backwards", sell it and go back to your superior (lol) Blackberry devices.

Most people don't need a million options in email...and i use email A LOT during the day too, to which the iPhone's system works perfectly fine and has everything I need within it. Im actually about to replace my work issued EVO with an iPhone 4S.

Last edited:

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The email process is defiantly outdated, android email app is far more advanced I do lots of attachment not just photos but PDF files as well

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Gmail integration and push works perfectly. I use it constantly. Set up gmail as an exchange account and email/calendars/contacts push/sync beautifully.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You might want to look into Print n Share Pro, it has email built in and a ton of other useful features including attachments, a file system and printing to any network printer and much more. I use Boxcar for all my Push notifications.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Since its so "backwards", sell it and go back to your superior (lol) Blackberry devices.

Most people don't need a million options in email...and i use email A LOT during the day too, to which the iPhone's system works perfectly fine and has everything I need within it. Im actually about to replace my work issued EVO with an iPhone 4S.

since when are you the voice of all people? being able to attach files to an email is a very basic function that email clients everywhere have had for years.. apple is behind on this front.. iPhones are great and they beat most phones in every category but the email capability is lacking on a iPhone

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it's a nice feature?and there are some email apps in the App Store that allow it, I believe.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am still shocked that when I compose an email on my iPhone, I can't attach a picture. I thought that by now we would have a "photo" button similar to the messaging application.

You probably know this - but in case you don't - you can go to the picture first, then use the option to Email it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro