Might have a regret

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks For your coment

Chill out, Sean. He has a valid complaint, he's not the first to voice it, and you don't speak for most people. If you're happy, good. You didn't even need to respond.

Seem some people just have to put their extra twist on things. What are they 15. Surely not a mature person. It just a phone for god sake a good one lake some of the others out there. Im waiting for the invention of the best. Mostly that day will never come everyone want more and more. Its the human way.
In the mean time I have a life....:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
:rolleyes: you can do that with the native mail on the iPhone lol

We're talking about doing it from the mail app. On iPhones you either do it in the Photos app or you copy/paste into mail, but you can't just pick a file while you're in the mail app.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Alongside email, another annoyance to me on what is relatively a perfect phone is the fact you can't bluetooth content to another capable device!

This is crazy... The neat and cool things I can do with my iPhone can usually blow most people's minds away...but when it comes down to simply sharing pics, and various other media via BLUETOOTH...the iPhone falls flat on its face.:mad:

/Rant over

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My gmail account works perfectly with my iPhone...and for those who want to attach photos and files, simply go to the photo or file first and choose email/email link.... it's really that easy!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My gmail account works perfectly with my iPhone...and for those who want to attach photos and files, simply go to the photo or file first and choose email/email link.... it's really that easy!!

I think we all know that, but it is sometimes a pain if you already started a mail (or are replying to one) and then realize you need to attach something.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i hate that email doesnt send notifications. i have to go into email and hit load

Do you have your email set to fetch new data manually? That may be the case. If it is just change it to push, or pull on 30 min interval.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think we all know that, but it is sometimes a pain if you already started a mail (or are replying to one) and then realize you need to attach something.

I don't assume everyone knows that..a couple of the responses sound as if they might not know it's that easy..and in my opinion it's not very much extra work to simply go to a file and send a new email with the file of your choice..

I think our smartphones make us somewhat lazy at times..and now with the introduction of Siri we really want our phones to practically do our laundry for us...is there an app for that? :D

mca312

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't assume everyone knows that..a couple of the responses sound as if they might not know it's that easy..and in my opinion it's not very much extra work to simply go to a file and send a new email with the file of your choice..

I think our smartphones make us somewhat lazy at times..and now with the introduction of Siri we really want our phones to practically do our laundry for us...is there an app for that? :D

It is extra work when you are replying to an email chain already

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

its not that its not that much work... but picture this.. I hit reply to keep all previous messages in the email and I cant attach a photo I have to start a new email with a photo in it..

it may be easy but its not up to date.. I remember using a email program on a computer over 15 years ago that had this function

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
its not that its not that much work... but picture this.. I hit reply to keep all previous messages in the email and I cant attach a photo I have to start a new email with a photo in it..

it may be easy but its not up to date.. I remember using a email program on a computer over 15 years ago that had this function

Although I do agree it should be a built in feature, I think you can at least copy/paste a picture into a Reply All email (so that it remains in the thread). Hope that helps, at least.

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I already have it set up through exchange. There will be days where it works fine but also days where I won't receive any of my emails and then all of them will come through all at once. Even some days where it won't come through at all until I click in it and manually refresh. Frustrating sometimes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Chill out, Sean. He has a valid complaint, he's not the first to voice it, and you don't speak for most people. If you're happy, good. You didn't even need to respond.

He voiced a complaint...i voiced an opinion...nobody NEEDS to respond, that's what's great about a forum, a freedom to comment regardless of whether people want to hear it or not. And i am happy, and i never implied that i spoke for anyone but myself...you assumed that because i responded with a "big deal" type retort.

But if it makes you feel big and strong on the internet to stand up and tell someone to "chill out", knock yourself out kid! lol...i still stand by the comment i made, if the iPhone doesn't work for you, nobody is twisting your arm to keep it, go buy a piece of junk phone that has a couple more email options, lol...

since when are you the voice of all people? being able to attach files to an email is a very basic function that email clients everywhere have had for years.. apple is behind on this front.. iPhones are great and they beat most phones in every category but the email capability is lacking on a iPhone

Again...where exactly did i say that i am the voice of all people? Are you guys reading invisible posts i don't know about or something? lol...i said that most people don't need a million email options, which is true...and the options available on the iPhone obviously work fine for most people because the complaints about the lacking email functionality is certainly NOT a front running issue people have with the iPhone, finding that out is as easy as googling top complaints with iPhone.

As far as attaching files...really? When it comes to phone usage, what files are considered important to be able to send to most consumers? That's right...pictures, and the iPhone can send pictures via email quite easily. Oh waaaaa...you can't attach a picture within a current email, what's the big deal? You spend 2 seconds sending another one with a picture in it or you jailbreak and you attach to your hearts content...lol.

Again, my comment about most people having no real use for a million email options is common sense when it comes to a phone. This isn't a computer replacement...ITS A PHONE. Other phones have the features? Great! If those phones fit your needs better go buy them! What is so upsetting about this to some of you? The fact that you can't have everything you want all the time? That sounds like the rant and rave of my 6 year old niece when she can't have cake, ice cream and pizza every day for breakfast lunch and dinner...get over it!

Im sure you guys will get butt hurt again over this, but before you try being internet heroes, sit back and read what is said first...understand that while you may not like someone shrugging off your dramatic issues with the iPhone's email handling...it doesn't make any difference really in the world of phones, if it was a HUGE problem warranting a change, it would have already happened.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73