I saw this thought I'd share my wife wants a 4S so I keep my eyes open and for anything iphone

Reports that an Australian regional airline had to extinguish a glowing red iPhone 4 that was emitting "dense smoke" on an airplane have sparked concerns over the handset's battery safety.
    11-29-2011 06:46 PM
    This is such a rare anomaly .... Here's the full story

Up in Smoke: iPhone Glows Red on Plane, Melts | Techland | TIME.com
    jwsnj3rd likes this.
    11-29-2011 08:24 PM
    that' so like 48 hours ago dude...
    11-29-2011 09:05 PM
    I forget the number of iPhones that are out there but its more then 20 million or something can you imagine how many of those devices sit on a plane each and every day..

this is really rare and the first time I ever heard of it happening.
    11-29-2011 09:50 PM
    Right and it looks like the guy modded it with a new back. It probably overheated because of whatever that back was made of.
    11-29-2011 09:55 PM
    It doesn't matter what back was on it. It's a defective battery, nothing more. It happens, thankfully only rarely.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    11-29-2011 11:26 PM
    that' so like 48 hours ago dude...
    Try posting something positive for once will ya?

You may feel better about your self...

Just sayin...

Far as the battery cover no it does not matter I repair iPhone's in the mall...

But if some how the outer casing of the battery was nicked and punctured with a tool or something then that can cause an internal short in the battery... Yes I learned this lesson the hard way on the first gen iPhone.
    12-05-2011 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD