Well had to take my sister to tire store today. She has 4 on 4.3.3. Upon starting our wait we both had one bar. Field Test mine was-103 hers was -116. But the thing I noticed was even though hers was bad was still loading say foursquare where mine just never ending spinning wheel of death.

Also I noticed mine would as always lose the signal entirely "No Service" when I put it in my pocket where as hers held the low signal. So based on the last few outings I cant help but say my 4S compared to the 4 in low signal areas is a POS.
    12-02-2011 05:30 PM
    Well had to take my sister to tire store today. She has 4 on 4.3.3. Upon starting our wait we both had one bar. Field Test mine was-103 hers was -116. But the thing I noticed was even though hers was bad was still loading say foursquare where mine just never ending spinning wheel of death.

Also I noticed mine would as always lose the signal entirely "No Service" when I put it in my pocket where as hers held the low signal. So based on the last few outings I cant help but say my 4S compared to the 4 in low signal areas is a POS.
    Wow thats crazy. Sorry to hear that. My in laws live in a bad cell phone area. Does not matter who the carrier is. My 4 use to get 1-2 bars. Now my 4S get 2-3 there. At my house, I use to get 3-4 and now I get 4-5 bars. It seems my 4S on average gets 1 bar better than my 4. I guess some things just cant be explained why different users get different results.
    12-02-2011 08:23 PM
    I found a thread on Apple support Communities that leads to believe there possibly is an issue with the card reader in the 4S and some claim its less of an issue with 128k sims vs 64k sims? But I cant find out what kind AT&T uses. Also on the thread consensus seems to be that people experiencing problems saw a rise in issue with 5.0.1 vs 5.0?

thread can be found here https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    12-02-2011 08:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD