I came from a rooted epic 4g ... I was wondering if someone could answer some questions. Is there any way I can take the notifications off of my lock screen? I don't like how any one can read my new text messages if they just press the power button. Also, is there any app like the android app "blacklist pro" where it can block calls / SMS from whatever number you want and it requires a password to enter the app? I am loving the phone and would love it more if I could fix these issues. Thanks
    11-28-2011 09:22 PM
    Hi glamisfanatic, glad to hear your enjoying your iPhone !! Now as for your notifications showing on the locked screen, you can change these settings by going into your setting/notification. From there you will see a list, and you can open each one to change how you want your notifications to show, or not show

As for an app like black list, sorry that one I don't know about.
    11-28-2011 09:34 PM
    You can turn the preview off by going to Settings-Notifications-Messages or Email and turning Show Preview Off. It will show only who it's from after that.

Sent from my iPhone
    11-28-2011 09:34 PM
    There's a blacklist app but only if your Jailbroken.
    11-28-2011 09:35 PM
    Pink beat me.

Sent from my iPhone
    11-28-2011 09:35 PM
    Pink beat me.

Sent from my iPhone
    It's all good, we're all here to help out
    11-28-2011 09:37 PM
    Also, is there any app like the android app "blacklist pro" where it can block calls / SMS from whatever number you want and it requires a password to enter the app?
    There's a jailbreak app called iBlacklist.
    11-28-2011 09:53 PM
    But you can't jailbreak if you've upgraded to 5.0.1 or with the new 5.1 that was just dropped to developers today I believe
    11-28-2011 09:57 PM
    I see...thanks for the info! I did update to the new version just recently...will there be a work around for that in the near future? Id like to jailbreak it
    11-28-2011 10:25 PM
    In time I'm sure but like the rest of us, we'll have to wait
    11-28-2011 10:26 PM
    I see...thanks for the info! I did update to the new version just recently...will there be a work around for that in the near future? Id like to jailbreak it
    there will be a jailbreak in due time. They always get it done it just takes a bit but an exact date is impossible to tell.
    11-28-2011 11:08 PM
    Or just use the Google Voice integration with Sprint. Great way to blacklist callers/sms'ers of any sort.
    11-29-2011 01:48 PM
    I'm not hijacking the thread, but I'm pretty new to iPhone. Is the reason that this Blacklist Pro app requires that the phone is jailbreaked because it's been developed by some "rogue" developer and not approved by Apple to be listed in their app store? I still run android and I was never that interested in rooting my phone but I'm curious about the iPhone that I will probably get.
    11-29-2011 02:11 PM
    I'm not hijacking the thread, but I'm pretty new to iPhone. Is the reason that this Blacklist Pro app requires that the phone is jailbreaked because it's been developed by some "rogue" developer and not approved by Apple to be listed in their app store? I still run android and I was never that interested in rooting my phone but I'm curious about the iPhone that I will probably get.
    There are some app's, and settings that apple doesn't allow, but Cydia will. Jailbreaking your device really lets you take control of settings, and gives you a lot more apps then apple app store will allow.
    11-29-2011 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD