My daughter has a new iPhone 4s 16g. Her husband has a 32g. In a couple of weeks, they will also have a new baby. Does the video capability of the 4s rival a lower level (<$500) camcorder? If I bought them a new camcorder, would they ever use it? Or is the 4s video good enough that it would be a hassle to pull out the camcorder?
    11-27-2011 06:32 PM
    The 4 and 4s video quality is excellent in good light, just like the still shots.

How does it compare to an actual camcorder? I would assume the camcorder would be better due to larger sensor and better glass, but that's just a guess.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    cnote5153 likes this.
    11-27-2011 06:52 PM
    Its a very good camcorder. 500 dollars worth though would get you a pretty decent camcorder too.

Not to familiar with camcorders though,
    So
    I recorded a concert (post hardcore) i recently went to. You can check out the quality if you want. Flashing lights, loud music, yeah. I think it turned out pretty good. Make sure you play it in 1080p. If that helps your decision in any way.

Dille21's Channel - YouTube
    Last edited by Bias X; 11-27-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    cnote5153 likes this.
    11-27-2011 06:55 PM
    The iPhone 4s video is good but to be honest it's not near as good as a hd camcorder. The camcorder is much better at turning videos into DVDs and things IMO. To me the iPhone 4s is only when I don't have my camcorder with me! 500 bucks can buy a good camcorder

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-27-2011 09:01 PM
    Here is an example of the video quality. This is also a concert vid. The lighting is crap and I had my thumb over the mic to cut down the noise. It was LOUD.

Oh yea, and Priest rocks! \mm/

11-28-2011 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD