Pimping out the 4s

xandermac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a metal back for my 4s.

a6890ffa-86d7-7f95.jpg

I also use the case-mate Jett metal bumper.

a6890ffa-86fc-f650.jpg

I ran into an issue with washed out flash photos which I fixed with some tape and a hole punch. 3 layers of tape to isolate the lens from the flash and prevent light bleeding over. If I can find some foam tape i'll probably redo it just to make the "seal" better.

a6890ffa-8741-67fc.jpg

I hope this tape trick helps others.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

billyg900

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the site hacking my yahoo email (cnn.cn) I cant wait for my clear back cover to come

my bad for using the same password as my email while on a china website!!

anon(112479)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a metal back for my 4s.

Click to view quoted image

I also use the case-mate Jett metal bumper.

I ran into an issue with washed out flash photos which I fixed with some tape and a hole punch. 3 layers of tape to isolate the lens from the flash and prevent light bleeding over. If I can find some foam tape i'll probably redo it just to make the "seal" better.

I hope this tape trick helps others.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

Oh boy, I never thought to use tape....I'm trying this on my blue one ASAP. Thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Metal back looks awesome!

Are you having any reception issues?

No offense to anyone who likes to use these back covers but the quality of them are really poor. That metal back you can bend in half with almost no effort. The Apple logo is basically a sticker as well. Now if Apple made various backs you could put on, then it would be worth it. But unless you enjoy a cheaper feeling phone (just my opinion), leave it alone.

Last edited:

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I put on the K.O Gadget light mod this past weekend, and was forced to take it off after two days. The first day was fine and other than the gap on the top of the phone, which a bumper or case could easily conceal, I was happy. I realized that on Sunday I wasn't getting a 3G signal, so logically I thought the mod was screwing up my signal. I never thought it could be an issue with sprint! So now i'm going to put it back on, and hopefully I can get it to work again. If anyone else tried this mod they know how hard it is to get that damn red wire to touch the "connecting point"!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's from truesupplier. It was for the 4s but it didn't fit well or have the spacer for the camera hole to prevent flash bleed....I would look elsewhere IMHO

Ok thanks. What about the little metal contact that the very first post in this thread was talkin about, if you get one for the 4s is that sorted out?

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

anon(112479)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. What about the little metal contact that the very first post in this thread was talkin about, if you get one for the 4s is that sorted out?

It didn't have that either...I've had better luck on amazon tbh....I'm 4/4 on good quality backs with camera rings, spacers, and diffusers from there.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It didn't have that either...I've had better luck on amazon tbh....I'm 4/4 on good quality backs with camera rings, spacers, and diffusers from there.

Ok thanks for the info.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is my recently pimped out 4S. Its hard to get a picture that does justice to the true color but its a nice reflective metallic purple. Its very shiny and I LOVE it! I'm debating whether I should put a zagg shield on it. I'm afraid if I ever go to remove the zagg it would peel off the metallic paint. What do you think?

phone2.jpg

phone4.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73