Pimping out the 4s

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to carry mine naked but it's in my defender without paw prints since day one

It's a beautiful phone, gotta go naked with it. It's like putting a snow suit on a hot girl....just shouldn't happen ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I have been noticing absolutely horrible audio quality during phone calls lately and I have a feeling it has something to do with the replacement back cover. Static, tin can audio and dropped calls. I never had this issue before. I barely make calls and mostly SMS, so I hadn't noticed it until now.

I have a feeling that the antenna/EMI shield or whatever it is that is present in the OEM back cover and not in the clear replacement has something to do with it.

I have reinstalled the OEM cover and will let you know if it fixes it. I would hold off on ordering clear covers for now if you are thinking of it, just in case that's what's causing it.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
:(awww that sux MoP!! Well, not that I'd want you to have any issues but let's just hope it's that clear back and now with the oem all is well again:)

Are you able to return the clear backing to CNN if that was causing your reception issue?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
:(awww that sux MoP!! Well, not that I'd want you to have any issues but let's just hope it's that clear back and now with the oem all is well again:)

Are you able to return the clear backing to CNN if that was causing your reception issue?

No I'll just have to eat it. No big deal, it was only $15 or so. Still testing. I'll keep you updated. :)

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of ordering the brushed metal backing for my 4s but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I kept my iP4 in a case but since but since getting the 4s I've just used the clear InCase snap case so it's at least somewhat protected and you can still admire the beauty of the device.

Sent from my iPhone

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to remove the contact from the OEM cover to place on the clear one? The clear looked pretty cool. It's a shame it didn't work out for you.

Sent from my 1.5GHz TF101 using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to remove the contact from the OEM cover to place on the clear one? The clear looked pretty cool. It's a shame it didn't work out for you.

Sent from my 1.5GHz TF101 using Tapatalk

The contact is on the phone. The shield/antenna is on the back cover and it covers the entire thing. Even if I could removed it without destroying it, it would cover the entire see-through back, rendering it pointless. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The contact is on the phone. The shield/antenna is on the back cover and it covers the entire thing. Even if I could removed it without destroying it, it would cover the entire see-through back, rendering it pointless. :)

Well that stinks. Too bad it didn't work out, it did look pretty slick !!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Well that stinks. Too bad it didn't work out, it did look pretty slick !!

Thanks! I am over it. I put it back to stock and put my Case Mate Barely There case on. It's sooo much easier to hold now, lol. The clear back was cool, but it sure was slick. I was just waiting to drop the phone hahaha. :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I am over it. I put it back to stock and put my Case Mate Barely There case on. It's sooo much easier to hold now, lol. The clear back was cool, but it sure was slick. I was just waiting to drop the phone hahaha. :D

Lol ok so at least the grieving time is over :p LOL.

I have to say I understand what you mean by slick. I had my speck candy shell on my phone from when I got it on Friday. On Sunday I couldn't take it anymore I took it off and put my HK silicone skin back on. I was so afraid of dropping the damn thing !!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol ok so at least the grieving time is over :p LOL.

I have to say I understand what you mean by slick. I had my speck candy shell on my phone from when I got it on Friday. On Sunday I couldn't take it anymore I took it off and put my HK silicone skin back on. I was so afraid of dropping the damn thing !!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

It's tough. It looks so damn sexy that I don't want to cover it up. If I don't though, it's thin, slick and just asking to be dropped.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Omg I know. I love the phone naked myself, but they are just slippery little suckers aren't they:p lol.

Hrm....naked and slippery. Nothing wrong with that! Hahaha

Oh wait......we're talking about phones, aren't we? :D

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey MoP,
I just ordered a clear back.
Can you give me an idea of what that connector connects to on the back plate ?
Can I rig it somehow, so it doesn't affect calls ? Maybe some tin foil ?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey MoP,
I just ordered a clear back.
Can you give me an idea of what that connector connects to on the back plate ?
Can I rig it somehow, so it doesn't affect calls ? Maybe some tin foil ?

It connects to a flat shield stuck to the inside of the back cover. It takes up most of the back cover. You can see it as soon as you take off the back cover and flip it over.

The connector itself is a little tang that sticks up beside the battery connector and touches the shield on the inside of the back cover. I have a feeling its an EMI shield to keep interference down during calls.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner