Pimping out the 4s

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's bare. No case. I had a "Barely There" case before I put the replacement back cover on, now its going commando. :D

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I order one and i tried to take the button screws and it stripped so now i cant even get them out.pls hell

How did you strip them? Did you use the correct (pentalobe) screwdriver? If they are stripped then there is nothing you can do other than keep trying to get them out, or just leave them and don't replace the back.

If you ever have to warranty the phone, don't mention the screws and hope they don't notice.

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
How did you strip them? Did you use the correct (pentalobe) screwdriver? If they are stripped then there is nothing you can do other than keep trying to get them out, or just leave them and don't replace the back.

If you ever have to warranty the phone, don't mention the screws and hope they don't notice.

they include cheaps penta drivers.i ordered the higher quality pentalobe drivers hopefully it will help taking it out when it arrives.is the screw really tight?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
sick ive always wanted the clear backing but i just dont trust the cheaper glass

You're right, the glass really is cheaper. My buddy just did a conversion on his 4 to white, and the back glass broke the first day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
they include cheaps penta drivers.i ordered the higher quality pentalobe drivers hopefully it will help taking it out when it arrives.is the screw really tight?

The screws have a tiny bit of loctite on them, but they aren't tight.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You're right, the glass really is cheaper. My buddy just did a conversion on his 4 to white, and the back glass broke the first day.

Lol you get what you pay for. It ain't Gorilla glass. I didn't expect it to be though. My friend dropped his and the OEM back glass broke. So really, you drop it and it's done either way.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol you get what you pay for. It ain't Gorilla glass. I didn't expect it to be though. My friend dropped his and the OEM back glass broke. So really, you drop it and it's done either way.

That's true. I can't wait to see what the quality of the metal back I ordered is. Either way I'll be happy of the change on my phone. I really wish I ordered the black phone.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the grey metal back on my iPhone 4 and it looked sweet. The quality was excellent, but it does scratch (surface scratches) if you aren't careful.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife called me that one day. I take it as a compliment. I told her " Thank You ". LOL

I looked into it one day when my wife was complaining about all my gadgets, and it turns out she spends more a year on makeup, hair, and nails then I do on gadgets. After I brought that to her attention, she's been quiet about my gadgets.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I have been noticing absolutely horrible audio quality during phone calls lately and I have a feeling it has something to do with the replacement back cover. Static, tin can audio and dropped calls. I never had this issue before. I barely make calls and mostly SMS, so I hadn't noticed it until now.

I have a feeling that the antenna/EMI shield or whatever it is that is present in the OEM back cover and not in the clear replacement has something to do with it.

I have reinstalled the OEM cover and will let you know if it fixes it. I would hold off on ordering clear covers for now if you are thinking of it, just in case that's what's causing it.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Dude, that looks perfect!! Absolutely flawless!! I love the clear glass back. It's times like these that I wish I could ditch my OtterBox Defender for a mod like that!! Great job!!

I want to carry mine naked but it's in my defender without paw prints since day one

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73