Pimping out the 4s

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Brilliant! I just found my second income, my 4S will be on the street corner in the morning! :p

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
SW-Box also sells back covers. I've used them repeatedly in the past for parts to mod my old 9700. Yes, even a BB user can do it :p

Can't post links yet, but google sw-box.

Heif

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
SW-Box also sells back covers. I've used them repeatedly in the past for parts to mod my old 9700. Yes, even a BB user can do it :p

Can't post links yet, but google sw-box.

Heif

Hahaha I have used sw-box in the past many times. I think i swapped the frame like 6 times on my old BB 9700. I kept getting bored of the color. Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There was some company that would paint your entire phone (you send it to them), I remember seeing some BB phones they did back in the day. It was pretty $teep but cool.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
That phone looks awesome. I read a post on twitter where ifixit is offering the clear back and everything you need to change it out for I think it was $39??? Not sure what the regular price usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That phone looks awesome. I read a post on twitter where ifixit is offering the clear back and everything you need to change it out for I think it was $39??? Not sure what the regular price usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's expensive. I paid $15.50 for the cover and a couple dollars for the Pentalobe screwdriver and did it myself. That one looks like slightly better quality though. The iFixit version has the chrome ring around the camera lens, the one I have doesn't.

I also noticed that there is no diffuser lens over the LED flash on my clear back like there is on the OEM back cover. Not sure how this will affect flash photos. The few I have tried seem ok, I assume the diffuser lens just provides a more even, softer light.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That's expensive. I paid $15.50 for the cover and a couple dollars for the Pentalobe screwdriver and did it myself. That one looks like slightly better quality though. The iFixit version has the chrome ring around the camera lens, the one I have doesn't.

I also noticed that there is no diffuser lens over the LED flash on my clear back like there is on the OEM back cover. Not sure how this will affect flash photos. The few I have tried seem ok, I assume the diffuser lens just provides a more even, softer light.

I've seen nice ones on eBay with the flash diffuser ... In all colors and clear

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh