Thanks for the link! Ordered a black back and pentalobe screwdriver for my husband's phone. Super fast delivery! Super easy to do it yourself! And my husband's phone is perfect again!
    Your welcome.im glad id help.i like sharing my good experience
    12-20-2011 04:09 PM
    Here's the cheapest place but their ordering is down for now

Best iPhone mod of 2011: the glowing Apple logo | ZDNet
    I would love to do this, but would rather have someone do it for me who knows what they're doing.
    12-20-2011 08:08 PM
    Blue metal back from united...better quality than my red one. Camera ring is properly centered but didn't come with the flash diffuser but I transferred the diffuser from my red back.
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    12-23-2011 05:49 PM
    Blue metal back from united...better quality than my red one. Camera ring is properly centered but didn't come with the flash diffuser but I transferred the diffuser from my red back.
    how do you transfer the diffusser?
    12-23-2011 07:04 PM
    how do you transfer the diffusser?
    I just used tweezers and lifted it up.....could be easier bc it's an aftermarket back.....didn't want to chance the oem one.
    12-23-2011 11:30 PM
    My new pink back cover arrived today from United!

Also included pic with clear Speck GemShell.
    12-25-2011 12:00 AM
    I just used tweezers and lifted it up.....could be easier bc it's an aftermarket back.....didn't want to chance the oem one.
    Is the flash diffuser the little black "border" around the flash? I get the flash fuzziness with the pink back so I took a look and compared it to my husband's original back (that had cracked and we replaced with a united black back which takes perfect flash photos). The only difference was the little black border so I lifted it off and transferred it to my pink back but unfortunately the fuzziness is still there.
    12-25-2011 02:07 AM
    So I googled "flash diffuser" and found out it's not the black border thingie, lol. And it looks like the pink back has the same exact flash diffuser as my original back BUT it just doesn't work properly. Oh well.
    12-26-2011 06:23 AM
    So my brushed metal back finally came! I love it. only took one day shy of a month to get here. Crazy...I'll never buy a part from china again. Shipping took way too long.

One thing I can say that I noticed is when I take a picture there is a little white blow out on the bottom of the picture from the flash. For now I'll keep it on, but I might take it off if it really starts to bother me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-27-2011 02:21 PM
    So my brushed metal back finally came! I love it. only took one day shy of a month to get here. Crazy...I'll never buy a part from china again. Shipping took way too long.

Click to view quoted image

One thing I can say that I noticed is when I take a picture there is a little white blow out on the bottom of the picture from the flash. For now I'll keep it on, but I might take it off if it really starts to bother me.

They are all like that. They all screw with the camera and this is why I gave mine away. My friend said he didnt mind and after 5 days he took it off and threw it away.
    12-27-2011 03:50 PM
    My new pink back cover arrived today from United!

Also included pic with clear Speck GemShell.
    I like the GemShell but it is made out of hard polycarbonate plastic. It will look like **** soon.
    12-27-2011 03:52 PM
    They are all like that. They all screw with the camera and this is why I gave mine away. My friend said he didnt mind and after 5 days he took it off and threw it away.
    I really wish they didn't mess with the camera, because I really like the way that it looks.

12-27-2011 06:02 PM

Click to view quoted image

just about a month to receive ?!?!? Holy cannolis !!

Definitely sharp looking E too bad there's the camera issue with the flash that you mentioned

I've thought about getting a new backing for mine, but I've decided to just change out my covers with diff colors to keep me happy at this point Im totally dedicated to otterbox defenders in a BIG way
    12-27-2011 09:23 PM
    Another back Added to my collection.....also added a baby blue screen protector which is not pictured.
    01-03-2012 09:07 PM
    I'm sure this will change by tomorrow.
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    01-04-2012 09:45 AM
    01-04-2012 10:30 AM
    It's magnetic? No.
    01-04-2012 11:24 AM
    @heyGreggie

Thanks for sharing the link to tidytilt. I may order the two pack.
    01-04-2012 09:45 PM
    @heyGreggie

Thanks for sharing the link to tidytilt. I may order the two pack.
    Don't mention it. I saw it on a forum and figured someone would like it. I do.
    01-04-2012 10:21 PM
    Dude, that looks perfect!! Absolutely flawless!! I love the clear glass back. It's times like these that I wish I could ditch my OtterBox Defender for a mod like that!! Great job!!

I'd personally prefer an aluminum or even stainless steel back for mine rather than glass. What can I say? I'm a heavy metal guitarist. LOL!!!!
    01-05-2012 09:59 AM
    I recently saw the Ballistic case here in the TIPb store. Not that I need another ruggedized case, but I like how it looks and that it covers the Apple logo rather than how the Otterbox Defender, does not.
    grimm01 likes this.
    01-05-2012 10:01 AM
    That looks amazing!
    01-09-2012 06:06 AM
    In russia, comment goes here.
    Last edited by XM_JDM; 01-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    01-10-2012 09:14 PM
    I just installed the glowing Apple logo light mod and its AWESOME.
    I know the cover part isn't any trick at all, how was hooking up the connection ?
    01-10-2012 09:39 PM

I recentered the rear since the photo lol....I'm pretty content with the color scheme.
    edd likes this.
    01-12-2012 09:38 PM
212 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD