Pimping out the 4s

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have owned a LOT of phones during my time, and I have never left one stock. Stock is........boring...lol.

I just swapped the back cover to a clear glass one on my 4s and it looks awesome.
The only thing I noticed is that their is a small contact that touches what is either an antenna or EMI shield on the inside of the rear cover (OEM, not the one I put on). You can see the small gold contact just below the "i" in iPhone. It is screwed down to the battery connector.
I will have to do some testing to see what that affects now that it's not doing anything.

Click to view quoted image

This is an awesome mod however it's not something I would ever do. Very cool though

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Very cool! Although I never have my phone out of a case (too scared that I'd drop it) so I'd never be able to enjoy how cool that looks! Will have to admire yours from afar! ;)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Very cool! Although I never have my phone out of a case (too scared that I'd drop it) so I'd never be able to enjoy how cool that looks! Will have to admire yours from afar! ;)

Yea. It feels thin enough to slip out of my hands with no case on. I had a Case Mate Barely There case on it before and although it was thin, it still added enough to make the phone easier to grip.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you put an anti-glare screen saver on the back, that'll take care of a lot of the fingerprint problems. I have mine covered both front and back and it always looks clean without any finger prints.

Reactions: GibMcFragger

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Nice back ! I'm thinking about getting the silver/clear for my white phone.
Does the clear back have any effect on he visibility of the screen .
Thanks

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice back ! I'm thinking about getting the silver/clear for my white phone.
Does the clear back have any effect on he visibility of the screen .
Thanks

Doesn't affect anything that I have found.......yet. Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2