Attachment 12012

With all the talk of battery problems, I thought I'd share this screenshot. I haven't charged in almost 2 days and I'm at 22%. This phone is pretty impressive
    11-27-2011 11:19 AM
    Not everyone has bad battery issues. I did for the first month. The update actually made it worse and then about two weeks after the update it got better. I went from 5-6 hours with limited use to about 12-14 hours.
    11-27-2011 11:40 AM
    Attachment 12012

With all the talk of battery problems, I thought I'd share this screenshot. I haven't charged in almost 2 days and I'm at 22%. This phone is pretty impressive
    same here. I can get about 2+ days out of a full charge
    11-27-2011 11:44 AM
    Lucky you. I'm lucky to make it above 40% in a day.
    11-27-2011 01:02 PM
    Lucky you. I'm lucky to make it above 40% in a day.
    Lucky..I'll be happy if I'm still above 50% before noon.
    11-27-2011 08:09 PM
    Lucky..I'll be happy if I'm still above 50% before noon.
    Have you tried a restore as new device yet ?
    11-27-2011 09:18 PM
    I am with verizon and i am getting 2 days on a charge here too. This phone is awesome.
    11-27-2011 10:15 PM
    Battery has been fine for me
    11-28-2011 01:12 AM
    Have you tried a restore as new device yet ?
    If I restore am I able to stay on 5 and not upgrade to 5.0.1?
    11-28-2011 02:20 AM
    I actually am starting to believe that if I just put the phone down, I may get a full day out of it. That may happen eventually. For now it's way too new and couple charges a day won't hurt me or my phone.
    11-28-2011 03:28 AM
    my average usage time is 5 1/2 hours with heavy usage (games,Facebook,etc)
    11-28-2011 05:36 AM
    When I upgraded to 5.0.1 I could almost watch my battery drain right before my eyes. Literally LOL. Well, I did a restore as new after doing a backup. Now after doing some heavy surfing and some texting for 8 hrs or so, I would be down to 60-65%. I am very pleased with the battery now.
    Last edited by hoosieriphone; 11-28-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    11-28-2011 10:28 AM
    If I restore am I able to stay on 5 and not upgrade to 5.0.1?
    No there is no way to do that without being jailbroken
    11-28-2011 10:55 AM
    I've contemplated doing the restore as new, but it seems like a hassle to have to reload everything. I know I can do a back up, but I guess my main concerns are:

-backup of Kindle books that i've downloaded directly onto my phone (non iTunes books)- don't see a way to back these up with either iTunes or any other means.
    -reloading all my apps that i've downloaded - do I need to re-download these from the App store or will they get transferred back via iTunes?
    -email, contacts and calendar are all backed up using Google, so I'm not worried there. Reminders and Notes are backed up using iCloud.
    -browsers such as Atomic - will the bookmarks that I've saved be kept with the program or be deleted?

I think it just may be worth it for me to wait for 5.0.2, or even 5.1... my battery life isn't terrible, so i'm not really in desperate need of better battery life.
    11-28-2011 11:11 AM
    I've contemplated doing the restore as new, but it seems like a hassle to have to reload everything. I know I can do a back up, but I guess my main concerns are:

-backup of Kindle books that i've downloaded directly onto my phone (non iTunes books)- don't see a way to back these up with either iTunes or any other means.
    -reloading all my apps that i've downloaded - do I need to re-download these from the App store or will they get transferred back via iTunes?
    -email, contacts and calendar are all backed up using Google, so I'm not worried there. Reminders and Notes are backed up using iCloud.
    -browsers such as Atomic - will the bookmarks that I've saved be kept with the program or be deleted?

I think it just may be worth it for me to wait for 5.0.2, or even 5.1... my battery life isn't terrible, so i'm not really in desperate need of better battery life.
    I did and then let iCloud do it's thing and mines been great since
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    11-28-2011 11:39 AM
    I actually am starting to believe that if I just put the phone down, I may get a full day out of it. That may happen eventually. For now it's way too new and couple charges a day won't hurt me or my phone.
    I'm like you I think if I put the phone down I will get more battery life. My usage and standby time are always the same.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-28-2011 11:42 AM
    I have a problem with my battery too. With some applications in background I used the battery in a half day.
    11-28-2011 12:21 PM
    2 days is crazy! I've gotten a day and a half with low usage and I thought that was awesome
    11-28-2011 01:01 PM
    Originally my battery was horrible as I could literally watch it drain. I upgraded to 5.0.1, turned off the data and usage sending, let the battery go down to basically nothing, then did a full charge... ever since that I have had pretty decent battery life and a noticeable difference.
    11-28-2011 01:16 PM
    I call BS. Unless you don't use the phone at all it wont last 2 days.

On Thanksgiving day I did not use the phone at all. It just sat there for 5-6 hours. When I checked the battery was down to 63%.

Even my old BB Storm wasn't that bad
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-28-2011 03:53 PM
    I used to decent battery life but over the last week I've experienced problems. While at work last week, twice my reception cut out and my battery drained because my phone was searching for a signal. Now, today at work my reception was fine and battery life was normal. Then, I downloaded a game (didn't open it) and my battery drained from 91 to 25% in like 2.5 hrs. Isn't that odd?
    11-28-2011 04:00 PM
    I call BS. Unless you don't use the phone at all it wont last 2 days.

On Thanksgiving day I did not use the phone at all. It just sat there for 5-6 hours. When I checked the battery was down to 63%.

Even my old BB Storm wasn't that bad
    Not bs...I've been using the crap out of mine since about 7am this morning (about 8 hours) and I'm still at 59%...that's with watching several videos on YouTube too. On a normal day, I'll have around 75% left by bedtime. In order to use one complete charge in a day, I'd pretty much have to use the phone non-stop. 2 days with average usage is definitely not bs.
    11-28-2011 04:00 PM
    Oddly enough, I feel like my battery has gotten better lately. With a jb'ed phone running IntelliScreenX, push mail, and more, I got home from work today (seven hour shift with some mail checking/game playing/twittering) with 98% on my phone. I was so sure it was a bug that I did a respring, but it was correct.

Loving my battery life, though usually it does use more than that.
    11-28-2011 07:45 PM
    I used to decent battery life but over the last week I've experienced problems. While at work last week, twice my reception cut out and my battery drained because my phone was searching for a signal. Now, today at work my reception was fine and battery life was normal. Then, I downloaded a game (didn't open it) and my battery drained from 91 to 25% in like 2.5 hrs. Isn't that odd?
    I've heard of this happening with the google + app also
    11-28-2011 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD