Battery problems? Don't think so ;)

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone has bad battery issues. I did for the first month. The update actually made it worse and then about two weeks after the update it got better. I went from 5-6 hours with limited use to about 12-14 hours.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually am starting to believe that if I just put the phone down, I may get a full day out of it. That may happen eventually. For now it's way too new and couple charges a day won't hurt me or my phone. :p

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
When I upgraded to 5.0.1 I could almost watch my battery drain right before my eyes. Literally LOL. Well, I did a restore as new after doing a backup. Now after doing some heavy surfing and some texting for 8 hrs or so, I would be down to 60-65%. I am very pleased with the battery now.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've contemplated doing the restore as new, but it seems like a hassle to have to reload everything. I know I can do a back up, but I guess my main concerns are:

-backup of Kindle books that i've downloaded directly onto my phone (non iTunes books)- don't see a way to back these up with either iTunes or any other means.
-reloading all my apps that i've downloaded - do I need to re-download these from the App store or will they get transferred back via iTunes?
-email, contacts and calendar are all backed up using Google, so I'm not worried there. Reminders and Notes are backed up using iCloud.
-browsers such as Atomic - will the bookmarks that I've saved be kept with the program or be deleted?

I think it just may be worth it for me to wait for 5.0.2, or even 5.1... my battery life isn't terrible, so i'm not really in desperate need of better battery life.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've contemplated doing the restore as new, but it seems like a hassle to have to reload everything. I know I can do a back up, but I guess my main concerns are:

-backup of Kindle books that i've downloaded directly onto my phone (non iTunes books)- don't see a way to back these up with either iTunes or any other means.
-reloading all my apps that i've downloaded - do I need to re-download these from the App store or will they get transferred back via iTunes?
-email, contacts and calendar are all backed up using Google, so I'm not worried there. Reminders and Notes are backed up using iCloud.
-browsers such as Atomic - will the bookmarks that I've saved be kept with the program or be deleted?

I think it just may be worth it for me to wait for 5.0.2, or even 5.1... my battery life isn't terrible, so i'm not really in desperate need of better battery life.

I did and then let iCloud do it's thing and mines been great since

Reactions: Rockdog97

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually am starting to believe that if I just put the phone down, I may get a full day out of it. That may happen eventually. For now it's way too new and couple charges a day won't hurt me or my phone. :p

I'm like you I think if I put the phone down I will get more battery life. My usage and standby time are always the same.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Originally my battery was horrible as I could literally watch it drain. I upgraded to 5.0.1, turned off the data and usage sending, let the battery go down to basically nothing, then did a full charge... ever since that I have had pretty decent battery life and a noticeable difference.

durtress

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I call BS. Unless you don't use the phone at all it wont last 2 days.

On Thanksgiving day I did not use the phone at all. It just sat there for 5-6 hours. When I checked the battery was down to 63%.

Even my old BB Storm wasn't that bad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro