I was in my setting earlier and noticed it had the carrier choice, now it's gone. My phone isn't unlocked any idea what it would randomly show up?
    11-26-2011 10:36 PM
    I was in my setting earlier and noticed it had the carrier choice, now it's gone. My phone isn't unlocked any idea what it would randomly show up?
    My 4 used to do that once in a while but my 4S has not done it to my knowledge yet and it is unlocked
    11-26-2011 11:38 PM
    My 4 used to do that once in a while but my 4S has not done it to my knowledge yet and it is unlocked
    Ya it's never appeared until tonight and like I said now its not there. Mines not unlocked, I didn't buy it out of contract at all. I wish it where unlocked though :-/
    11-26-2011 11:44 PM
    It does it very briefly, when searching for a signal. Mine's done it, if I reboot.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-27-2011 12:21 AM
    It does it very briefly, when searching for a signal. Mine's done it, if I reboot.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    My T-Mo BlackBerry used to pull that stunt every once in a while! It would show both AT&T and T-Mo.
    11-27-2011 01:16 AM
    I don't think the end user has any control over that (unless you jailbreak). This menu is controlled by the carrier directly and like verwon said, it only pops up briefly when searching for signal. Once a signal is established for the particular carrier, their rules get applied to your phone and the menu disappears right away since they want it to disappear.

Other carriers choose to display it especially if they are not an official iPhone carrier, so you can enter the APN info manually.
    11-27-2011 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD