Battery question... Strange behavior...

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all!

So ever since I upgraded my Verizon 4S to 5.0.1, I've been having some wonky battery problems.

Like many other users, I would occasionally wake up and my charge level would be 98%. That didn't really bother me though. I would top it off a little later and I was good to go.

Lately, I've noticed my phone rapidly losing its charge. This morning, I was down almost 25% of my battery in 2-3 hour. All I did was send text messages and a few Kik messages. What really throws me for a loop is that when I charge my iPhone with my iPad charger, the charge seems to last A LOT longer. Today, when my phone was down to 75% this morning/afternoon, I plugged it in and charged it up. It's now 7:24 and I'm at 77%. That's approximately 6-7 hours of usage vs the 3 I got this morning. Is it possible that my iPhone wall charger is faulty? I am totally baffled by this and was hoping someone might be able to clue me in. Thanks!

PS - I don't think my iPhone is the problem because there have been days when I've gotten 16+ hours of out it on a single charge. I'm not 100% sure what charger I used though.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Weird! I know that my one iPhone charger charges my phone a lot faster than one for my iPad which is odd because the iPad charger is supposed to have more power and charge faster.

Today while out i noticed my phone went from 90% at 11:30 am down to 30% by 3:30. :confused:
It was charged with one of our iPhone chargers.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that makes me feel a little better!! I've had awesome battery life since day one. It's only been recent (around my 5.0.1 upgrade) that things have gotten wonky. I'm going to try charging over night with the iPad charger. See if I notice a difference tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Realistiic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Mines isn't running down as quick as that but what I have noticed is that it's full charged at 98% and has the plug icon on the battery. Then when I run the battery down the last 1% lasts a really long time. I've tried recalibrating it a few time but no fix. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks in advance. :D

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Mines isn't running down as quick as that but what I have noticed is that it's full charged at 98% and has the plug icon on the battery. Then when I run the battery down the last 1% lasts a really long time. I've tried recalibrating it a few time but no fix. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks in advance. :D

I know it'll sure but restore as new and see if you still have the same issues ... Could be a corrupt app or OS issue and then see how it is and we'll go from there

Realistiic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have tried restoring a couple of times but it's still the same. I did a restore from back up then tried a restore as new phone twice and still no joy :(

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
im fairly sure the cords are the same for the iPad/iPhone... just that the iPad allows for 2Amp change and the iPhone 1Amp - (dont quote me, just remember reading that somewhere :) )