What do you think would make the Iphone 4s the perfect smartphone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE to have sound profiles! I did a lot of freelance marketing work while working full time. I loved having my BB set to silent but the calendar/task notifications would still ring. It was great in an office setting ( where I don't want my phone ringing for every text, email, call, Facebook message, Tweet, etc. an LED would be nice but I'm used to not having it (and like the notification center lock screen)!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
led notifier, 4inch screen, and a dedicated back button that's baked into the os on all levels apps everything also a better way to handle email attachments yet I love this thing can't stop playing with it and also hd FaceTime and a way to deactivate that led notifier or a sleep mode reminiscent of blackberrys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
4S is an awesome phone but these features would make it PERFECT:

Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery.

SD card. Not a fan of having to go through iTunes. Hate that if I remove or add one ringtone, I have to re-sync my entire library. Also miss the drag and drop method in Explorer. I think I'd just like better access overall.

Choice to have separate envelops/icons for each email account on home screen.

Choice to have clock display automatically while charging. (Currently using "nightstand" app).

Flash player would be cool!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
4S is an awesome phone but these features would make it PERFECT:

Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery.

SD card. Not a fan of having to go through iTunes. Hate that if I remove or add one ringtone, I have to re-sync my entire library. Also miss the drag and drop method in Explorer. I think I'd just like better access overall.

Choice to have separate envelops/icons for each email account on home screen.

Choice to have clock display automatically while charging. (Currently using "nightstand" app).

Flash player would be cool!

it doesnt resync your entire library it syncs just the change..

gnm313

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE to have sound profiles! I did a lot of freelance marketing work while working full time. I loved having my BB set to silent but the calendar/task notifications would still ring. It was great in an office setting ( where I don't want my phone ringing for every text, email, call, Facebook message, Tweet, etc. an LED would be nice but I'm used to not having it (and like the notification center lock screen)!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ditto...Add to that the MicroSD

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Widgets kill the battery!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

I used about 6 widgets and live wallpaper on my SGS and got the same battery life as my iPhone. So it's not always true that it kills the battery. Just use the phone and stop worrying.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
it doesnt resync your entire library it syncs just the change..

Yesterday I removed a ringtone by unchecking it (it asked if I wanted to apply changes) and because of that I had to "sync ringtones" by checking the box. Well, since I didn't make any changes to any of the other sections I didn't think I had to check off sync movies, sync tv shows, etc. and everything not checked was removed from the phone. So I had to go back and check the boxes and have everything copied back onto the phone.

Still new to phone sync via iTunes - I am guessing I should always check all boxes except for info since that is handled via iCloud.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
something as simple as being able to create a ?saved? folder in the mail program

For each mail account you can make a folder and call it "saved". But it would be for each individual email account.

That's one thing I've always loved about iPhone email. On my BB, I never had access to all my folders for my Yahoo mail and with iPhone you can access them and continue to put mail into them. With BB, if I wanted my mail in a folder, I had to do it from my PC. :(

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The ONLY two things I would like is an LED alert and a removable micro SD card. I dont care what anyone says, dragging and dropping files onto an SD card is easier than messing with itunes.

I wouldn't complain but i couldn't ever see apple doing this and screwing up their margins on the 32 and 64gb versions. I'm hoping Apple redoes the whole UI along with itunes. App management sucks if you have a lot of apps. We need something along the lines of mgmt for music. Rate apps, sort them, playlists, etc. That would be kind of cool to see only daughter's "playlist" of apps and let her use phone without worrying she'll bother mine.

I don't care about an LED alert, but i would like to see more options for alerts.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems like a lot of you need to buy an Android phone and see just how terrible it really is on the other side. Force closes, terrible battery life, an absolute mess of an appstore, screens bigger than your pocket, full phone memory and an empty SD card, 12 steps to delete an app. It's all there, but at least you'll get live wallpapers and widgets :p