4S is an awesome phone but these features would make it PERFECT:

Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery.

SD card. Not a fan of having to go through iTunes. Hate that if I remove or add one ringtone, I have to re-sync my entire library. Also miss the drag and drop method in Explorer. I think I'd just like better access overall.

Choice to have separate envelops/icons for each email account on home screen.

Choice to have clock display automatically while charging. (Currently using "nightstand" app).

Flash player would be cool!
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    11-25-2011 11:18 PM
    4S is an awesome phone but these features would make it PERFECT:

Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery.

SD card. Not a fan of having to go through iTunes. Hate that if I remove or add one ringtone, I have to re-sync my entire library. Also miss the drag and drop method in Explorer. I think I'd just like better access overall.

Choice to have separate envelops/icons for each email account on home screen.

Choice to have clock display automatically while charging. (Currently using "nightstand" app).

Flash player would be cool!
    it doesnt resync your entire library it syncs just the change..
    11-25-2011 11:33 PM
    I would LOVE to have sound profiles! I did a lot of freelance marketing work while working full time. I loved having my BB set to silent but the calendar/task notifications would still ring. It was great in an office setting ( where I don't want my phone ringing for every text, email, call, Facebook message, Tweet, etc. an LED would be nice but I'm used to not having it (and like the notification center lock screen)!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Ditto...Add to that the MicroSD
    11-25-2011 11:41 PM
    Bigger screen, main screen separate from the apps and losing the bottom button. Widgets would be nice. Better email attachment process.
    11-25-2011 11:42 PM
    Widgets kill the battery!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    I used about 6 widgets and live wallpaper on my SGS and got the same battery life as my iPhone. So it's not always true that it kills the battery. Just use the phone and stop worrying.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2011 12:18 AM
    The only thing I'd want is being able to attach multiple files to an email. Other than that, this phone is pretty darn perfect. I don't need an LED or widgets.
    BINGO. 10char
    11-26-2011 01:55 AM
    something as simple as being able to create a saved folder in the mail program
    11-26-2011 03:09 AM
    it doesnt resync your entire library it syncs just the change..
    Yesterday I removed a ringtone by unchecking it (it asked if I wanted to apply changes) and because of that I had to "sync ringtones" by checking the box. Well, since I didn't make any changes to any of the other sections I didn't think I had to check off sync movies, sync tv shows, etc. and everything not checked was removed from the phone. So I had to go back and check the boxes and have everything copied back onto the phone.

Still new to phone sync via iTunes - I am guessing I should always check all boxes except for info since that is handled via iCloud.
    11-26-2011 04:21 AM
    A 2000mA battery

I'm serious, btw!
    11-26-2011 07:02 AM
    something as simple as being able to create a saved folder in the mail program
    For each mail account you can make a folder and call it "saved". But it would be for each individual email account.

That's one thing I've always loved about iPhone email. On my BB, I never had access to all my folders for my Yahoo mail and with iPhone you can access them and continue to put mail into them. With BB, if I wanted my mail in a folder, I had to do it from my PC.
    11-26-2011 07:37 AM
    The ONLY two things I would like is an LED alert and a removable micro SD card. I dont care what anyone says, dragging and dropping files onto an SD card is easier than messing with itunes.
    I wouldn't complain but i couldn't ever see apple doing this and screwing up their margins on the 32 and 64gb versions. I'm hoping Apple redoes the whole UI along with itunes. App management sucks if you have a lot of apps. We need something along the lines of mgmt for music. Rate apps, sort them, playlists, etc. That would be kind of cool to see only daughter's "playlist" of apps and let her use phone without worrying she'll bother mine.

I don't care about an LED alert, but i would like to see more options for alerts.
    11-26-2011 08:36 AM
    Open Source
    11-26-2011 11:03 AM
    It seems like a lot of you need to buy an Android phone and see just how terrible it really is on the other side. Force closes, terrible battery life, an absolute mess of an appstore, screens bigger than your pocket, full phone memory and an empty SD card, 12 steps to delete an app. It's all there, but at least you'll get live wallpapers and widgets
    CalifJewls and iLive an iLife like this.
    11-26-2011 11:13 AM
    If Steve jobs handed it to me
    11-26-2011 11:15 AM
    a jailbreak...
    11-26-2011 12:56 PM
    Yesterday I removed a ringtone by unchecking it (it asked if I wanted to apply changes) and because of that I had to "sync ringtones" by checking the box. Well, since I didn't make any changes to any of the other sections I didn't think I had to check off sync movies, sync tv shows, etc. and everything not checked was removed from the phone. So I had to go back and check the boxes and have everything copied back onto the phone.

Still new to phone sync via iTunes - I am guessing I should always check all boxes except for info since that is handled via iCloud.
    then your itunes is messing up because I never have to change any sync settings all I have to do is click sync and anything I changed a ringtone adding music or anything automatically go's only the changes though..
    11-26-2011 03:20 PM
    It seems like a lot of you need to buy an Android phone and see just how terrible it really is on the other side. Force closes, terrible battery life, an absolute mess of an appstore, screens bigger than your pocket, full phone memory and an empty SD card, 12 steps to delete an app. It's all there, but at least you'll get live wallpapers and widgets
    You are so wrong. None of that is true on the new androids.
    11-26-2011 07:38 PM
    That is so wrong have you seen android marketplace guess not, I have big boys pockets so bigger screens fit in there perfectly,hardely ever have force closes and SD card is almost full of files that I have and sideloaded apps and roms that are custom ones and battery I get a whole day at work ( that's 13 hours) so don't downgrade something you don't know about and I agree iPhone 4s is an awesome phone but I'm not going to hate on the competition to just make my self feel better about a purchase ( oh and I'm buying the 4s on sprint hopefully next month)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2011 09:31 PM
    then your itunes is messing up because I never have to change any sync settings all I have to do is click sync and anything I changed a ringtone adding music or anything automatically go's only the changes though..
    Yikes. Do you think removing iTunes and re-installing would remedy this? Thanks.
    11-26-2011 09:43 PM
    • Customizing alerts to different email accounts
    • LED
    11-26-2011 09:43 PM
    I'd actually like to see the home button on the iPhone replaced with a "gesture area" a la webOS phones. I just migrated to an iPhone from my old Palm Pre, and that's definitely a hardware feature I miss.
    11-27-2011 06:06 AM
    I don't think there are many things I'm missing from my old android days that I would want added to the iphone. I find that I get along fine without the flashing LED light cause if I'm busy enough to miss the call, text, status update etc, then it kinda is what it is ya know. Besides the LED only flashed for so long anyways ( a minute or two ). Widgets were cool, but I dont miss them that much. Now that the notifications bar has been added, I'm good actually.
    11-27-2011 01:09 PM
    Yikes. Do you think removing iTunes and re-installing would remedy this? Thanks.
    could be a possible solution! Its really weird that its behaving that way for you!
    11-27-2011 01:36 PM
    could be a possible solution! Its really weird that its behaving that way for you!
    Weird indeed! Will see what happens and keep you posted, thanks!
    11-28-2011 12:55 AM
    Thank you all for your coments. Seem most people miss some of the Blackberry features. Me included.
    Please keep it to what you would like and not conversation about other things. Short and Simple PLZ
    Maybe jsut maybe we will see some of the other option in the future.
    11-28-2011 07:56 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD