I dont know what to do. Help

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my iphone 4s a week or so ago and it was working perfectly other then the usual battery problems. I know myself an how clumsy i am so i bought my self some Body guardz full body screen protector ultra thick wet apply. You get 2 sets of screen protectors.

Trial 1: This was the first time trying to put on a screen protector. Since i suck at everything i touched it with my fingers and it was dirty.i got fed up with it. So i threw it out

Trial 2: This one was gonna be better. It ended exact;y like the first one but i at this point i knew i would run out of screen protectors so i just kept trying to make it look just right...After trail and error i finally got it

As i was looking at it and playing with my iphone i saw that my sound was going in and out...I thought nothing of it thinking that it would just resolve itself. I woke up to no sound working. The unlocking and locking sound comes in randomly.But when i go on youtube no sound...games no sound....Weirdly when i get phone calls i hear my ringtone and when i use siri i hear her. Also when i use the volume up and down button no scale comes up its just blank with the word ringer and the symbol of the sound is coming out

Tonight im going to do the rice trick and hopefully it will resolve itself.

Does anyone have any advice they could give me?

P.S the water indicators have not gone off or it dosnt seem that way

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you check on the side to make sure the ringer switch isn't set to silent? If you see orange, you're on silent (I really just hope it's this).

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
will the apple store make me pay for replacement?

If there is damage to the phone that you caused yes they will charge you I would never even consider a wet install of anything on my 600 dollar phone!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
If there is damage to the phone that you caused yes they will charge you I would never even consider a wet install of anything on my 600 dollar phone!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

But there are no indicators...Yeah ik But i wanted protection..Im stupid

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My ear speaker lost sound when bestbuy installed my zagg ... Basically there is alittle bit of water .. Turn phone off bust out a hair dryer and blow dry it not too hot if it gets hot turn to cool air and alternate for about a min or so turn phone on and check .. Always fixed mine

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
My ear speaker lost sound when bestbuy installed my zagg ... Basically there is alittle bit of water .. Turn phone off bust out a hair dryer and blow dry it not too hot if it gets hot turn to cool air and alternate for about a min or so turn phone on and check .. Always fixed mine

I'll try it....but sounds really dangerous. I hope it's gonn work

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would never even consider a wet install of anything on my 600 dollar phone!
A wet install only requires enough liquid to reduce the tack of the adhesive so it can be adjusted during install. If you're dousing the device with enough fluid to cause water damage then yer doin it wrong.

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
A wet install only requires enough liquid to reduce the tack of the adhesive so it can be adjusted during install. If you're dousing the device with enough fluid to cause water damage then yer doin it wrong.

Im not going to disagree But if you don't like the way it looks you might want to try again which i did. a lot

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy I can see here you would be skeptical but I have done it a couple times and have had luck worst case if it don't work take it too apple

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy I can see here you would be skeptical but I have done it a couple times and have had luck worst case if it don't work take it too apple

I did it with my Palm Pre, when I dropped it in the tub, dried it quite nicely and that sucker still works.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
yeah i mean what else am i gonna do... But the real worse case is more damage then before other then this the phone is perfectly fine

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried the dryer but I would def make sure holding it back very far. You don't want heat damage either. I would think a minute or so should be enough. Good luck. If it were me and there is no water indication then I would bring it back to the Apply store. Take the sheilds off of course....and don't meniton the water at all. Sounds dishonest but for a $600 phone I probably would do the same. :eek:

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunatly it didn't work and unfortunately i think i just realized that the bottom speaker indicator went off...Well this sucks...i tried everything

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro