I'd go in there and be honest. I dropped my iPad, shattered the screen, and brought it into the store. I was honest, up front, and apologetic. They wanted to charge me $270 to fix it, and since it was still under warrantee I pointe out (in a respectful way) that in 3 or 4 months it would be 3rd generation and if it's that expensive to fix it should not be so easy to break. I'd never dropped it before and she spoke to her manager and gave me a 'one time exception'...ad I left with a new iPad (1). No complaints here! Just be honest and respectful.
    _heatherly and hunoosh like this.
    11-25-2011 01:50 PM
    I'd go in there and be honest. I dropped my iPad, shattered the screen, and brought it into the store. I was honest, up front, and apologetic. They wanted to charge me $270 to fix it, and since it was still under warrantee I pointe out (in a respectful way) that in 3 or 4 months it would be 3rd generation and if it's that expensive to fix it should not be so easy to break. I'd never dropped it before and she spoke to her manager and gave me a 'one time exception'...ad I left with a new iPad (1). No complaints here! Just be honest and respectful.
    Honesty and respect will definitely help. You catch more flies with honey.
    11-25-2011 02:07 PM
    Exactly!! They don't have to help, you have to make them want to.
    11-25-2011 02:31 PM
    Yeah I woke up this morning and the rice trick did nothing... I'll defiantly tell you guys what happens but first I got to go to the apple store...since its black friday I'm probably not going to go today
    11-25-2011 04:36 PM
    The annoying this is that it comes in and out sometimes ill be using it and i can see the volume scale for a second and weirder thing is when siri is being used i can use the volume scale but as soon as siri goes away it stops working and it just says ringer with no scale
    11-25-2011 05:08 PM
    Have you tried restoring it?
    11-25-2011 05:34 PM
    Have you tried restoring it?
    yeah just did...got nothing
    11-25-2011 06:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD