Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use ping I was reading an article on this forum for battery help and it said turn off ping! What exactly will that affect.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use ping I was reading an article on this forum for battery help and it said turn off ping! What exactly will that affect.

Ping is a social networking for music on iPhone's. I don't use it, and have it shut off, so I can't say exactly how it works, or anything like that, but here is a link to apple showing what ping is.

Apple - iTunes - Ping: Social network for music.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I turned it off just to see how it will affects my battery!!! I don't need to use it I have enough social network with twitter and facebook. I was just wondering if anyone turned it off after having battery problems and seen a dramatic change in battery increase

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I turned it off just to see how it will affects my battery!!! I don't need to use it I have enough social network with twitter and facebook. I was just wondering if anyone turned it off after having battery problems and seen a dramatic change in battery increase

I had mine shutoff since day one, so I can't really comment on how it effects battery other then what I have read.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I also turned it off right away also.. I figured if there is a chance it helps battery I will do it.. I don't use ping anyway

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Just to report back. Before I turned off Ping, I would have only have 50% battery life by noon and have to plug in phone by dinner time. After 2 days of having Ping off, I now have 80% left by noon and 30% by 10pm, with more usuage.
So at least for now I get power usuage similiar to my old BB 9650, which was very good.
A big thank you for recommending it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just to report back. Before I turned off Ping, I would have only have 50% battery life by noon and have to plug in phone by dinner time. After 2 days of having Ping off, I now have 80% left by noon and 30% by 10pm, with more usuage.
So at least for now I get power usuage similiar to my old BB 9650, which was very good.
A big thank you for recommending it.

Happy it worked for you!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks....I turned it off but since I never owned a iPhone I'm not sure what is considered good or bad battery so this is where I am extremely lost

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My restrictions were disabled. What does it do if I enable them?

If you enable restrictions, you'll enter a password and then you can "turn off" special features in your iPhone.

You can disable the restriction feature whenever you want. Just don't forget your password (I did this a couple of months ago - what a hassle)!! Irish Rose, if you're reading this, thanks again haha!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods