Siri question!!

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the commercials where someone sets a reminder for Siri to tell him something when he leaves work. Well? How does Siri know that? I tried telling it when I leave work and it just says "ok". Anyone help me out here?

whoadizzle

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
No, you need to setup a contact for yourself and add your work address by typing it in or when you are at work use the gps to make it your work location under that contact you setup for yourself.

mericolm

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
you also have to turn on location for reminders as well......for me I can set one manually and have it work but I have not gotten Siri to do it.

Siri will create the reminder but she does not set it as a location based reminder.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry if I'm being thick here.. But I added my work address into my self contact. I then told Siri what time I leave work and it just says "ok" again.

maybe what will happen is , siri will pick up via gps, when I am driving away from my work address and then remind me??

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry if I'm being thick here.. But I added my work address into my self contact. I then told Siri what time I leave work and it just says "ok" again.

maybe what will happen is , siri will pick up via gps, when I am driving away from my work address and then remind me??

That's the idea yes, when the GPS detects that you are leaving it will give you the reminder.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I need something to remind me to set reminders. I have a set 5 things that I bring with me when I leave the house.... If I have to add something new, something old must be left behind.... And that gets inconvenient.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Siri and relationships

I have yet to get Seri to work with relationship other then spouse.
thinks like best friend, hairdresser ect NO GO.
I called Apple and they saID SIRI WAS A WORK IN PROGRESS:rolleyes:

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Errrrr... With even being someone with ADD, I'm quite sure I don't need a reminder when I'm leaving work that I'm actually leaving work.....:confused:

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Errrrr... With even being someone with ADD, I'm quite sure I don't need a reminder when I'm leaving work that I'm actually leaving work.....:confused:

I can see where it would be useful if you needed to go to, maybe the bank or grocery store after work and may forget. I've done it many times.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get Seri to work with relationship other then spouse.
thinks like best friend, hairdresser ect NO GO.
I called Apple and they saID SIRI WAS A WORK IN PROGRESS:rolleyes:

are you syncing your contacts with something like gmail? you have to have a contact file of yourself with all the relationships in it and gmail and things dont have the space to hold that information to it removes it..

britnick1972

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The way I found best to work it was to create a contact for myself with the iCloud. I couldn't get relationships etc to work when I was using a google synced contact there wasn't the fields in googles contacts.

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
That is an awesome feature. Now all you have to do is enter address contact information for the gym, your favorite grocery stores, etc. ;-)