Left for the Razr, came back 3 hours later...

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been curious about Verizon's LTE service ever since they flipped the switch here in Birmingham where I live so I bought a Droid Razr today to try it out...my plan was to give the 4S to my wife. I've had many many Android phones in the past so the OS was nothing new to me, so "getting used to it" doesn't factor in. The phone itself is quite fast and snappy, and the LTE service is just stupid fast...31mbps at my house! I thought I would miss Siri more than I did, but actually Google's Voice Actions did everything I'm accustomed to Siri doing for me but just without a nice pleasant voice responding back to me. But in the end, I missed my iPhone...mainly the battery life. After charging the Razr to full around 2:00pm today, I used it for three hours and was down to 50%...that was a few texts, checking Facebook, watching two short YouTube videos, and just playing around off and on. That same usage on my iPhone would barely use 5-10%, so to me it's just not worth sacrificing the battery life for a faster data connection.

Just figured I'd post for anyone thinking of doing something similar...it may work out for you, but for me I'll gladly stick to the 4S.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After returning my iPhone 4S to AT&T a week ago I thought about getting the Droid RAZR. After reading some of the reviews about it, I was really glad I just went back to my iPhone 4 instead. While I really would love to have a LTE capable device right now, I am going to try and hold out for the iPhone 5.... Or whatever Apple chooses to call the next one, lol.

Reactions: mpossoff

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
you have to decide what you want in a phone and buy the phone that does what you want. I think to many people get sold on just a "feature" and it ends up that that feature is not worth it.. I buy a phone that supports all my needs and currently that phone is an iPhone.. it has specific applications that I cant get on android that I use in my job on a day to day basis. Until another phone has those apps I will be sticking with iPhone..

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, they both fit my needs...the apps I use are available on both, so the only real differences to me end up being speed vs battery life.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Now see for me it's different ... I want a phone that works ... It's OS, battery life and things that make a smartphone a smartphone and well battery life as well .. BB and android devices to me are just too darn buggy for my tastes and androids OS drives me nuts lol

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
From my experience with Android devices, battery life is terrible during the first few charge cycles. My guess is it has more to do with the amount of syncing that takes place when setting up an Android phone and the lack of battery stats, instead of an actual problem with the battery or its capacity. My Android phone barely lasted 8 hours when I first got it and now lasts 40-48 hours with the same usage.

If you're satisfied with your iPhone, though. That's all that really matters. If you decide to try Android again in the future, might want to give it more than three hours to settle in and gather some battery stats. ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Now see for me it's different ... I want a phone that works ... It's OS, battery life and things that make a smartphone a smartphone and well battery life as well .. BB and android devices to me are just too darn buggy for my tastes and androids OS drives me nuts lol

I don't know, after iOS 5, I don't think any OS is without bugs. As far as battery life goes, it's a toss up since there are many iPhone 4 and 4S users having battery life issues after updating to iOS 5 as well as 5.0.1.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, after iOS 5, I don't think any OS is without bugs. As far as battery life goes, it's a toss up since there are many iPhone 4 and 4S users having battery life issues after updating to iOS 5 as well as 5.0.1.

but the majority have good battery life with the iPhone.. in its current state I believe iPhone comes second on battery life to a blackberry.. but the reason for that is obvious blackberrys dont transfer a lot of data hardly ever so they last forever on battery.. I had a bold 9700 that I could sit on non stop morning tell night for 2 days straight and still have life left..

But the current iPhone seems to destroy everything else... for the most part

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was an avid BlackBerry user for years!! I tried the original Droid and returned it. The battery life was terrible (compared to BB), I hated the keyboard and the OS was so glitchy.

The iPhone has been a dream come true. I still love BlackBerry, don't get me wrong, but I was really limited as to what I could do. Now I can set my Xfinity DVR, check my bank account, get score updates from my favorite sports teams and even pay for my coffee with the Starbucks app. I'm just happy I found something that finally works well for me!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I was an avid BlackBerry user for years!! I tried the original Droid and returned it. The battery life was terrible (compared to BB), I hated the keyboard and the OS was so glitchy.

The iPhone has been a dream come true. I still love BlackBerry, don't get me wrong, but I was really limited as to what I could do. Now I can set my Xfinity DVR, check my bank account, get score updates from my favorite sports teams and even pay for my coffee with the Starbucks app. I'm just happy I found something that finally works well for me!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

happy to hear your enjoying your phone.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I remember back in the old analog days, Cellular One would let you try out a phone for a certain time before you even signed up. They should bring this service back (and i'm not talking about the return period. they actually let you use an activated phone to try out for like a week or so).

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

While battery life is a major issue, it doesn't make the phone reboot or crash or lock up etc ... It it's a brand new software upgrade and apple has ALWAYS been meticulous for giving us updates when we need them ... The proof is look at bb ... Their OS is version 7 and they have been around since 99 ? iPhone circa 2007 .. On iOS 5 in 4 years ... That's pretty stellar if you ask me lol

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Got my droid razr on friday, upgraded from iphone 4, liked it for about a day and a half, returning it tomorrow and getting iphone 4s. The iphone is just better quality and the speaker and camera on the razr seem far inferior to that of the iphone. Battery life isnt terrible on the razr but not as good as iphone. Plus nothing beats the easy music transfer with itunes.

Michmeister

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The real why not post that 48hour battery usage in here. I'll buy you a new phone if you can prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got my droid razr on friday, upgraded from iphone 4, liked it for about a day and a half, returning it tomorrow and getting iphone 4s. The iphone is just better quality and the speaker and camera on the razr seem far inferior to that of the iphone. Battery life isnt terrible on the razr but not as good as iphone. Plus nothing beats the easy music transfer with itunes.

I read reviews on Android Central that say that the battery life is reall good on the RAZR, but a lot of the reviwers turn off 4g LTE when they do not use it. I thought that music transfer was drag and drop with the Android phones? Wouldn't that make it easier than itunes? BTW, i have never owned a droid phone. I came straight from Samsung Rogue feature phone to the iphone 4. Loving it so far :)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
No way does an android phone last 40-48 hours.

When I ran a custom rom on my SGS I got 36-48 hours out of it even with live wallpaper and widgets. I will look to see if I still have the screenshots. Now mind you without rooting on a stock ROM I got 18-24 hours so still not bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
No way does an android phone last 40-48 hours.

The real why not post that 48hour battery usage in here. I'll buy you a new phone if you can prove it.

LOL. Do you have paypal?
screenshot-1318788281244.png

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While battery life is a major issue, it doesn't make the phone reboot or crash or lock up etc ... It it's a brand new software upgrade and apple has ALWAYS been meticulous for giving us updates when we need them ... The proof is look at bb ... Their OS is version 7 and they have been around since 99 ? iPhone circa 2007 .. On iOS 5 in 4 years ... That's pretty stellar if you ask me lol

My post that you quoted wasn't to say that Apple isn't good about putting out updates. Your post made it seem like iOS wasn't without bugs when in fact it has them as well. While Apple is on iOS 5.0.1 there have been many iOS updates since iOS 5 came out to correct bugs/issues that people are having. NO OS is perfect or without bugs, if it was there wouldn't be any need for updates in the first place. This is the only point I am trying to make here.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods