So today by chance I had my iPhone and my fiancées iPhone side by side. Both bought on the same day. Both 64 gb. However his is white mine is black. I noticed today that my screen is slightly yellower than his. I did try and google this. And many peopled said to try and swap it out or wait till the glue " dries". However I've had my phone for a month. My phone has awesome battery. Would u guys try and swap it out or deal with a slightly yellow screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 08:39 PM
    Wait it out a few more weeks and then see
    11-20-2011 08:42 PM
    Is it yellow because it has a screen protector on? If so then remove the screen protector and clean the screen before reapplying a different screen protector. I'm not sure what else this 'glue' could be. If there isn't a screen protector on, I wouldn't really worry about it if it's functioning well in every other way.
    11-20-2011 08:44 PM
    If you have a good battery, I would deal with the yellowish screw. I'd rather have a yellowish screen then chance having a horrible battery.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 08:46 PM
    It does have a screen protector. But it's the same one he has as well. The only thing that makes me want to see if they would do anything about it is the fact that I've noticed the phone get warm at times. Some people say that this is normal. While others say its a potential problem.

11-20-2011 08:49 PM
    Would u guys try and swap it out or deal with a slightly yellow screen?
    Impossible to answer without seeing them. Your "slightly" could be entirely different from my own. You're "mine is more yellow" could be another's "his is more blue" as well. If It was a slight difference that I didn't notice until placed next to another iPhone I probably wouldn't bother.

The only thing that makes me want to see if they would do anything about it is the fact that I've noticed the phone get warm at times. Some people say that this is normal. While others say its a potential problem.
    Doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Processors get warm when they're working hard. GPS and charging create additional heat. It's not as simple as "heat bad".
    Last edited by briareus; 11-20-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    11-20-2011 08:59 PM
    I agree. If it took you a month to notice, it's probably not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 09:02 PM
    I just checked against my husband's phone. We both have 16GB iPhones. His is definitely more yellow-tinted than mine. His phone is black, mine is white. Probably not noticeable unless you compare the two, but with both of them on the same brightness level, the "tint" is definitely noticable when side by side.

Also, neither of us have a screen protector on.
    11-20-2011 09:20 PM
    Is he bothered by the yellow tint?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 09:22 PM
    ^ He doesn't know about it. I just picked it up while it was next to mine, compared it against both of our "Settings" page (versus on the homescreen where we have different wallpapers) and it's definitely noticable when they are next to each other. I didn't tell him.
    11-20-2011 09:25 PM
    I wonder if it's a black iPhone problem. Cause most people with the complaint have a black iphone

11-20-2011 09:27 PM
    Now that I've noticed it on his phone, I think it would bother me if it was on mine.

Do you know anyone else with a black iPhone4S you can compare to?
    11-20-2011 09:31 PM
    Nope. All my girls have white ones. I may have to cross the border and visit an apple store tomorrow. How do u like the screen without the protector. I'm so scared to take mine off.

11-20-2011 09:33 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it personally if you get good battery life and all I wouldn't worry about it..
    11-20-2011 09:36 PM
    Nope. All my girls have white ones. I may have to cross the border and visit an apple store tomorrow. How do u like the screen without the protector. I'm so scared to take mine off.

I had a screen protector on it for the first month. I took it off because it started to get dirty and I didn't like the way it felt. I adore it without the screen protector, honestly. The screen is so smooth. I'm terrified to drop this thing, though. So far, so good. No drops yet (knock on wood)!
    11-20-2011 09:41 PM
    That's my fear as well. I'm hoping a trip to the apple store and looking at some black models will help

11-20-2011 09:44 PM
    Found this article you might want to read. Not really any amazing info, but it does state this seems to affect primarily black iPhones.
    11-20-2011 09:44 PM
    Well that gives me hope that there won't be a problem swapping the device.

If I do get a new device should I backup from this device as I am getting pretty good battery. Or should I do a restore from new?

11-20-2011 09:49 PM
    Well that gives me hope that there won't be a problem swapping the device.

If I do get a new device should I backup from this device as I am getting pretty good battery. Or should I do a restore from new?

I would start the phone as a new phone..
    11-20-2011 10:18 PM
    If the yellowing is going to bother you, take it in, if not, you should be fine
    11-20-2011 10:53 PM
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones that wasn't affected by the Black iPhone Yellowing Screen Dilemma. Maybe I am just cant noticed. Even then I am lucky to even have this phone, none around where I lived, went to Target and they only had one left. I noticed it was really bright out of the box. Brighter than my iPhone 4 and Whiter, either way get it checked out. Ramblin' on here haha -_-
    11-21-2011 12:45 PM
    So update to this story...

Went to the apple store today. And they were able to swap out a new iPhone for me. It does seem brighter and on par with the phones that they had at the store. Hopefully this work out for me. I am doing a complete restore right now and charging it so we will see.

11-21-2011 03:14 PM
    Did you compare it to one they had in the store?

My husband's is pretty noticable when held up against an iPhone that doesn't have the yellowing problem.
    11-21-2011 03:27 PM
    Yea I did. And it seems fine.

11-21-2011 03:31 PM
    Glad you got it switched out. I know that if it were me, I'd probably have exchanged it as well.

Hope your restore goes ok. I'm always scared of doing that!
    11-21-2011 03:35 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD