What would u do...please help

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So today by chance I had my iPhone and my fiancées iPhone side by side. Both bought on the same day. Both 64 gb. However his is white mine is black. I noticed today that my screen is slightly yellower than his. I did try and google this. And many peopled said to try and swap it out or wait till the glue " dries". However I've had my phone for a month. My phone has awesome battery. Would u guys try and swap it out or deal with a slightly yellow screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it yellow because it has a screen protector on? If so then remove the screen protector and clean the screen before reapplying a different screen protector. I'm not sure what else this 'glue' could be. If there isn't a screen protector on, I wouldn't really worry about it if it's functioning well in every other way.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have a good battery, I would deal with the yellowish screw. I'd rather have a yellowish screen then chance having a horrible battery.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
It does have a screen protector. But it's the same one he has as well. The only thing that makes me want to see if they would do anything about it is the fact that I've noticed the phone get warm at times. Some people say that this is normal. While others say its a potential problem.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Would u guys try and swap it out or deal with a slightly yellow screen?
Impossible to answer without seeing them. Your "slightly" could be entirely different from my own. You're "mine is more yellow" could be another's "his is more blue" as well. If It was a slight difference that I didn't notice until placed next to another iPhone I probably wouldn't bother.

The only thing that makes me want to see if they would do anything about it is the fact that I've noticed the phone get warm at times. Some people say that this is normal. While others say its a potential problem.
Doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Processors get warm when they're working hard. GPS and charging create additional heat. It's not as simple as "heat bad".

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. If it took you a month to notice, it's probably not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just checked against my husband's phone. We both have 16GB iPhones. His is definitely more yellow-tinted than mine. His phone is black, mine is white. Probably not noticeable unless you compare the two, but with both of them on the same brightness level, the "tint" is definitely noticable when side by side.

Also, neither of us have a screen protector on.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
^ He doesn't know about it. :p I just picked it up while it was next to mine, compared it against both of our "Settings" page (versus on the homescreen where we have different wallpapers) and it's definitely noticable when they are next to each other. I didn't tell him. :D

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it's a black iPhone problem. Cause most people with the complaint have a black iphone

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've noticed it on his phone, I think it would bother me if it was on mine. :(

Do you know anyone else with a black iPhone4S you can compare to?

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. All my girls have white ones. I may have to cross the border and visit an apple store tomorrow. How do u like the screen without the protector. I'm so scared to take mine off.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope. All my girls have white ones. I may have to cross the border and visit an apple store tomorrow. How do u like the screen without the protector. I'm so scared to take mine off.

I had a screen protector on it for the first month. I took it off because it started to get dirty and I didn't like the way it felt. I adore it without the screen protector, honestly. The screen is so smooth. I'm terrified to drop this thing, though. So far, so good. No drops yet (knock on wood)!

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
That's my fear as well. I'm hoping a trip to the apple store and looking at some black models will help

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well that gives me hope that there won't be a problem swapping the device.

If I do get a new device should I backup from this device as I am getting pretty good battery. Or should I do a restore from new?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Well that gives me hope that there won't be a problem swapping the device.

If I do get a new device should I backup from this device as I am getting pretty good battery. Or should I do a restore from new?

I would start the phone as a new phone..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW